Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My 2003 Element EX AWD 50k miles recently started making a squeaking noise in the rear suspension when the rear suspension becomes active on dips in the road and the like. Anyone else familiar with this problem?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Howdy Jon,

Most likely it is the rear stabilizer bar bushings. I replaced mine a couple years ago along with the end links and it was pretty easy. I had to use a cut off tool on the passenger side end link since it was pretty corroded but otherwise it only took about a half hour and cost about $20 for bushings and end links.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeaky Rear suspension

Hi Bryon,

Thanks for the reply quick reply. Are there any details on how to do this type of repair or how costly it would be if I took it to a dealership? Google has yielded nil:(

Thanks,
Jon

Howdy Jon,

Most likely it is the rear stabilizer bar bushings. I replaced mine a couple years ago along with the end links and it was pretty easy. I had to use a cut off tool on the passenger side end link since it was pretty corroded but otherwise it only took about a half hour and cost about $20 for bushings and end links.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Jon,

I guess it was a few bucks more for all the parts but still far far cheaper than paying a shop to do it. All you need for tools are a few metric combo wrenches or ratchet and metric sockets, a mallet and a small pry bar.
Here is a link to Honda Parts Unlimited where I ordered from.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/...ection=CHASSIS&transmission=KA4AT&version=5DR EX (4WD)&year=2003&model=ELEMENT

Sorry the link will not work to go to a filled order screen so you will have to enter the below info.
Under component select (rear lower arm) then select parts #7 (2pcs),#8 (2pcs),#9 (1),#10 (1),#26 (2pcs),#27 (pcs),#35 (4pcs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts