Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my element a little over a month.. I absolutely LOVE it. i noticed a few weeks ago that my back seats eveytime i ride start to squeek. it sounds like i have a bunch of grasshoppers in the back. i thought maybe u didn't lay the seats down tight enough after i lifted them, but that sisn't seem to help.. anyone else having this problem?? Help :cry:

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:d36805f983="ClassE"]I've had my element a little over a month.. I absolutely LOVE it. i noticed a few weeks ago that my back seats eveytime i ride start to squeek. it sounds like i have a bunch of grasshoppers in the back. i thought maybe u didn't lay the seats down tight enough after i lifted them, but that sisn't seem to help.. anyone else having this problem?? Help :cry:[/quote:d36805f983]

Tons of people are having this problem.

That being said, it may not be your seats. The squesks in the back of my E were greatly reduced after I really cinched down the spare tire.

Other people report the squeaks are coming from the back hatch area and still others believe that there are frame bushings in the rear that are squeaking for some reason.

Dealers typically have not been useful in tracking down the problem either making things worse by ripping things apart and re-assembling poorly or by telling the customer it's "simply a characteristic of the vehicle" (hogwash!).

My advice to you would be to do a search on the word "squeak" on the forum and read up on some of the potential solutions people have come up with. Perhaps one works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts