Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired.
12,180 Posts
You really should find out why the light came on. You E is going on 6 years old and i would not recommed just reseting the light without having it checked out. Based on what i know i am making an educated guess that it is a bad seat belt buckle tripping the light.

·
Retired.
12,180 Posts
I haven't been in any collision in over a year. That collision I was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of me, but no major damage and the air bags did not deploy.

I was driving and it came on. It wasn't on when I started the car, but came on mid drive. It came on when my girlfriend was in the passenger seat and the SRS light also lit up as soon as I turned on my E today with no one in the passenger seat and stayed lit. There was just a dvd on the seat and the light stayed lit the whole way to school. I am used to the light coming on every now and then when there is something like a backpack on the seat or when the seatbelt is tangled, but this time the light is just staying lit. I will try testing the seat after class, but if that doesn't solve it then I guess I will be going to the dealer. I will just be miffed if I have to pay for them to do a "reset".

Does your E have side airbags? If you don't have them there won't be a sensor in the passenger seat so any weight on the passenger seat will not be a factor.

·
Retired.
12,180 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he's talking about the SRS light in the instrument panel, not the Airbag off light above the radio.

You got it. The light above the radio was an addition to the 2007's. Previous model years had the passenger side air bag indicator lamp on the guage cluster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.