Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference is between the EX 4wd Auto SRS and the regular EX 4wd Auto?

I saw the SRS model mentioned on my dealer's webpage but couldn't find anything about what it is.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
In the event of a moderate-to-severe frontal impact, the dual stage front airbags inflate and deflate in a fraction of a second, and are designed to help prevent serious head and upper-body injuries.

*Always fasten your seat belt.

This is on all the Elements 2wd 4wd DX & EX
Likely you went to a place that just did not highlight it, but it is there, standard.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't think this is the issue here. The dealer's page had both models listed but as seperate models. :?:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
seperate models??
Both were EX or DE both were 2 wd or 4wd both were AT or Manual?
and one just noted SRS, correct?
If they were the same in all things but the SRS note, then it likely was just a boo boo.. the question is were they priced differently?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
[quote:a9f6c0800d="Staggie"]The EXS has SIDE AIRBAGS.[/quote:a9f6c0800d]

You have seen the listing? So it should be stating EXS?
bigmobrown was noting one said SRS and one did not... i was sharing that they all have SRS. So odds are there is another name in there is what you are mentioning.. bigmobrown does this sound like what you saw? Hopefully clarifies the confusion?

·
Registered
540 Posts
SRS = 'suppemental restraint system"

so take the EX and add the S in SRS and you get EXS.

Or not. Math was never my strong suit.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thank you hellcat, and I figured that was the case, but bigmobrown did not state this was soemthing seen on the dealer site.. the issue was with and with out the SRS, one was listed with SRS one with out..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
20,850 EX 4wd Auto
21,100 EX 4wd Auto SRS

that has to mean the side air bags and not the SRS.. so that has to be an error on their side. I tried to converse with the live chat but it is an automated system with automatically generated responses not a live person.. so i would bet on it being an error, and should be the side bags not the SRS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts