Honda Element Owners Club banner

Would June 20th or 27th work better for a Meetup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is approaching and I think we should start planning another E meet. I know there's another thread about meeting places but we need an official one for a meetup in spring '09. Maybe this could be the one?

We did Creve Coeur Park 2 years ago (wow can't believe its been that long) and it worked great. But I'm thinking it'd be cool to do a cruise down the River Road. Alot of cool photo-ops and we could go to Pere Marquette Park for a BBQ or whatever. We could meet in Alton, IL or at the Lewis and Clark Museum not too far from there http://www.campdubois.com/ and see the museum then head North on Route 3 then West on the River Road. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1+Lewis+and+Clark+Trl,+Hartford,+IL+62048+(Lewis+&+Clark+State+Historic)&daddr=Great+River+Road,+Uninc+Jersey+County,+Illinois+(Pere+Marquette+State+Park)&hl=en&geocode=FW0XUAIdSCqh-iFD5RMS7k9UAw;Ccf5RTILSAvaFUybUgIddB6b-iH0idYnkRzCow&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=38.915613,-90.32547&sspn=0.408174,1.057434&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12
Its about 28 Miles from The Lewis and Clark Museum to Pere Marquette so it's a little bit of a drive but a beautiful one as you drive right along the river. Just something to ponder. But if anyone has any other ideas feel free to shout! Also Yay or Nay on any ideas. Lets get this monkey rolling!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys let us know over on the ROC (Ridgeline Owners Club) if you are going to get together. Maybe we can make a combo meet out of it?.

You might also put the question up for the other clubs as well.

Has anyone thought about the Combo meet in June???

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
LMntGuy1982, Hope all is well. A cruise up the River Road does sound like a great idea. We would be interested.

Adam

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
I remember the Creve Coeur Park meet......can't believe that was 2 years ago. I may be up for another meet depends on my schedule.:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have any ideas on weekends that would work? What about the last weekend in May? It should be fairly warm by then. Ideas???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey LMntGuy, how's the planning going?
I live down the road in Cape Girardeau and would love to come up for a gathering.
I would also be willing to put together a nice day of activities here in river city. Cape is only a short 90 mile drive down I-55 and a squadron of E's heading south would be fantastic. I could secure a parking lot in historic downtown Cape for a meet and greet, car show and all around good time. We could then have a group lunch or snack at Port Cape (GREAT BBQ!) which is within walking distance of the parking lot. Lunch could be followed by a leasurly group drive out to Trail of Tears State Park. There is a great place to gather at the park with a beautiful scenic views of the Mighty Mississippi. I saw a gathering of Trans Ams/Cameros last year and was very jealous. Just a thought.
I'll be driving the family to Disney (in the E) in mid June, but other than that count me in.
Please let me know what I can do to help plan a fun event.
BTW-How many E's showed up at last year's event?

Thanks,
ultraill

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't gotten much interest. Kinda holding off till more people respond. I have a friend that lives in cape. We went to the Pony when we were there. That place cracked me up.

·
EOC Founder, Admin
2,897 Posts
Julie and I love the Marquette state park and camp there often. I'll try to keep watching this thread for some dates. For us, it's all about timing. Things for us are busier than ever at the moment, but I'm very interested in attending. It would be great to see you guys again.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK in hopes of getting more people to respond with interest I'm going to throw a date out.

How does April 25 work for everyone?? I'd like to do a saturday just in case anyone decides they want to come in from out of town.

This would be the travel route... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=1+Lewis+and+Clark+Trl,+Hartford,+IL+62048+(Lewis+&+Clark+State+Historic)&daddr=Great+River+Road,+Uninc+Jersey+County,+Illinois+(Pere+Marquette+State+Park)&hl=en&geocode=FW0XUAIdSCqh-iFD5RMS7k9UAw;Ccf5RTILSAvaFUybUgIddB6b-iH0idYnkRzCow&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=38.915613,-90.32547&sspn=0.408174,1.057434&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12

I'm really hoping that there's enough interest to do this. I liked the cruise through Creve Coeur park but it wasn't very long. This one would be cool and we could stop and take pictures by the Piasa bird. And there's an area with some old riverboats that are perfect for awesome photos.

Soooooo.... anyone interested??? 2 years ago was awesome because Dance showed up all the way from indiana (i think) and we had a great turnout.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
We would like to say yes at this point. Sounds like a great idea.

P.S. Thank you Kissya for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like we have 2 that would like to go and a maybe from Tmac. The date is quickly approaching. If there's not a big interest right now it might be postponed till later in the summer. I'll give it till Friday the 24th to see how many responses there are and make a definitive decision by then. If you know anyone who wants a get together pass this thread along.

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
I've been lurking thru the threads for where to go for the Non-National Meet. If you guys get something going, I may be interested as well as a few others.

Like Tmac, date would be good to throw out there to gauge interest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Still Interested

Yo,
I'm down in Cape Girardeau (100 miles) and still interested in an official/unofficial meet up.
Somebody needs to make a play and get this thing going.
I'll keep checking back.
Thanks,
ultraill

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok would a late june meet be better??? If dance can make it in late june we can change it. I wasn't getting much response for the Late April meetup (its been chilly lately anyway). Throw out a date. I still like the river road cruise idea but i'm up for whatever. Dance do u have a date in mind? I really don't care when I just want to get everyone together.

·
Mod-erator
4,573 Posts
IMO...making decisions for the group or giving them 2 options always works better....for our 'lil Summit City group here, if we throw it out to general discussion, nothing ever gets decided :razz:

I'm cool with either the 3rd or 4th weekend in June. I like the river idea too. I'd be good for the locals to chime in on a date, or possibly start a poll thread and vote on which weekend they like better....then build on the river front idea. I'd love it if we'd organize a cookout too in the park or at someones house! :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The park is pretty big and there's some great parking spots that have great scenic views. Ok so lets test the waters for June 20th or 27th. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
55 Posts
27th for me

I'll be driving the E back from Orlando on the 20th, but I could make the 27th.
Thanks to all for keeping this thread alive.
I look forward to crossing paths with my fellow "E" midwesterners.
I'll keep checking back.

Regards,
ultraill

1 - 20 of 54 Posts