Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 4WD EX with 105K miles on it. When It sits overnight it stalls the fiirst couple times I take off. It can sit all day and still have no problem but when it coold off at night it causes the problem. Once it has warmed up it does not stall or if I keep my foot on the gas while braking with my left foot, any ideas? I took it to the dealer and of course it didn't stall on them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had this happen on an old Toyota I bought for $500. Turns out that the oil was left unchanged for quite some time. I changed the oil after buying the car and never had the problem again. The thing did burn about a quart per tank of gas, but for $500, I was happy it even moved. Limped along in that thing for 2 years!

Have you checked all of the elements needed for combustion? Fuel, spark and air?

·
Registered
39 Posts
How long has the gas been sitting in the tank? Shelf life of gasoline can range anywhere from several years to as little as several weeks, depending on additives and storage conditions. Sometimes it takes a few moments to raise the temperature of the combustion chamber so that the aged fuel can be combusted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts