Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning.

My son has a 2004 Element with steel wheels and the black plastic center. I have just bought him a set of 2004 Element aluminum wheels and would like to know what I might need to look for as I change them over.

Will the steel wheel lug nuts work on the aluminum wheels? During a search of the archives I read that they both wouldn't work and that yes, they would work if you removed a plastic spacer/washer.

Anything else I'll need to do or look for?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes. You can remove the 2004 lug nut split washers easily by hand and use the 2004 Element steel wheel lug nut on a 2004 Element aluminum wheel.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
okay so you just answered your question. I think.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yes. You can remove the 2004 lug nut split washers easily by hand and use the 2004 Element steel wheel lug nut on a 2004 Element aluminum wheel.
David,

Where are you located? A few of us are looking for used sets of steel wheels.

Sent from my iPhone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoover, Alabama.

$40 for all 4. Perfect condition. Any shipping costs would be extra and I suspect that boxing and shipping costs would be more than my selling price. I have them on Craigslist and have had a few "wheel kickers" but no takers yet. Local pick-up would be best.........

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hoover, Alabama.

$40 for all 4. Perfect condition. Any shipping costs would be extra and I suspect that boxing and shipping costs would be more than my selling price. I have them on Craigslist and have had a few "wheel kickers" but no takers yet. Local pick-up would be best.........
I'll take them. I'm in michigan right now but I will come get them when I return in a week. Is cash okay? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh well. They are plastic split washers and took about 1/2 second to remove. Lugnut torque has remained right where I put it upon installation.

What? You guys don't put a torque wrench on your lugnuts? Shame on you....:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts