Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of my TRP-E with Steelcraft grille & brush guard and side steps. I wanted the black to go with all of the black trim on the car. Besides, the black was a lot cheaper than the stainless steel! I think it looks hot. I've included a photo of the Injen exhaust tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuzzy photos!

Don't know what happened! Half of the pictures I took turned out fuzzy, the other half didn't. I'll be taking some better photos and will post those.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Should have gotten the tail light covers and you could have been the red painted step brother of my E. :D

<---Used to be IslandSi

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tail Light Covers

Should have gotten the tail light covers and you could have been the red painted step brother of my E. :D

<---Used to be IslandSi
I'm still thinking about the tail light covers. The back end feels naked without anything! How do those covers fit, anyway? I thought they were supposed to screw on, but there aren't any screws on the outside of the tail lights. Where did you get yours from? I can only find one or two places that sell them. AutoAnything, where I got the grille guard and steps from, doesn't sell the tail light covers.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Open the hatch. You'll see two screws that hold the tail light assembly in place. The guard kit comes with new screws to replace those. They're used to sandwich two tabs from the grill to the tail light assembly.

The front part of the guard has one or two mounting points that require you to pull the tail light assembly out. Real simple since the 2 screws in the back are the only thing that hold it in place.

I don't remember exactly where I got everything from. I want to say it was something like suvxcessory or something along those lines. About $100 or so for the set.

::EDIT::
Here you go
http://bigboys-customtoys.com/store/addcart.asp?prodid={1C20211D-B4F4-4766-8E09-10FAE0B5DF54}%231808

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trp-e

<---Used to be IslandSi
Well, Frozen, your E has a red painted step brother-I got my Steelcraft tail light covers today and put them on this PM. They look great! Will take some pics of everything(when the cars clean-I can see the dirt when I'm up close!) and post.

BTW, my sister was born in Grand Forks while my Dad was stationed at the U there-he taught ROTC. Long, long time ago-don't remember anything 'bout Grand Forks.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Nice. Congrats. Did you have any issues with the top tab of the covers rubbing the tail gate when you closed it? My left one did and I had to do a bit of bending to get it out of the way. All is good now though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Congrats. Did you have any issues with the top tab of the covers rubbing the tail gate when you closed it? My left one did and I had to do a bit of bending to get it out of the way. All is good now though.
The only issue I had was with the screws on the right side. They're not very snug-I'm going to get some washers, that should help them out.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those the 3" or the 4" nerf bars? Thanks!
3" round.

Check out my album. I have some updated photos, which show the Steelcraft tail light guards, along with the Yokohama Geolander tires.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Does anyone happen to know if the Steelcraft brush guards require cutting of plastic under the radiator core?? (I believe that the Aries and Hunter varities do indeed require cutting)

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Yep, little notches. Nothing visible unless you get under there and look. A dremel with a cut off disc makes short work of that.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yep, little notches. Nothing visible unless you get under there and look. A dremel with a cut off disc makes short work of that.
Thanks Island E. So is it safe to say that installation for all 3 varieties (Hunter, Aries, Steelcraft) are virtually the same? The only differences are whether they are 1-piece or multiple pieces, and cosmetics? Part is me is bummed the Manik guards are no longer available..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts