Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2003 Element DX back from the Dealership, where they replaced the front strut assembly. Now, the steering wheel is turned about 1/8 of the way around counterclockwise. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that problem before bringing the car in, so I think it's new since the repair.

In reading other threads, it looks like an alignment is recommended after strut replacement. Is that something the dealership should have done?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Holy COW! Take it back to the dealer. It shouldn't need an alignment after installing new struts and I'm at a loss as to how the steering would get screwed up by the installation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealership says that when they look back at the shop notes, they noted that the wheel was turned slightly to the right when the car was brought in, and then it was turned to the left once the strut repair (and compliance bushings) repair was done.
Does that shed any light on things?

They're offering to do an alignment, which is normally $79, and do it at half price.
What do you think?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
How many miles on this puppy? It's probably due for an alignment anyway.

For half price, go for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, good call Gary. I think it probably needed the alignment anyway. Just got it done. All is good now (well, except for the secondary oxygen sensor that they're recommending replacement on...they always find something...)
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts