Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving last night trying use cruise control for the first time since Ive bought it and realized there are no lights on anything on the steering controls, really annoying to me to have to turn the light overhead on to see what control is what. Are the light supposed to be back-lit or is this how they are?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
the circuit board is set up for them, but neither the pilot nor the element have the leds in the board for the lighting and the clock spring isnt equipted with enough conductors. not to mention that the wording is just embossed on the buttons and not a "clearish" white plastic that would shine thru if it was back lit or i would have done this to mine by now.;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Steering wheel controls

Was driving last night trying use cruise control for the first time since Ive bought it and realized there are no lights on anything on the steering controls, really annoying to me to have to turn the light overhead on to see what control is what. Are the light supposed to be back-lit or is this how they are?
You will quickly be able to memorize the controls by feel and it will be safer than looking down.

It will just take a little time.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
lights,...... Lights ?

Don't need no stinking lights ! :D

I have never had them on any car I have had, So I don't notice that they are missing. It just takes some time to familiarize yourself with just what's where. It took me all of about 20 min. to get used to it on the first car I had with it. This one took more time do to the XM on the list.

Dom

·
12,179 Posts
I have them on my Accord and never really need them.They are not that bright anyways. I do sit lower in the Accord than the E so they are more in my line of sight than the steering wheel buttons in my E.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,705 Posts
Less is more..

GM's have those silly lights... like you can see 'em when your doing 75 in the rain at nite anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My 97 f150 has them and they stopped working! I asked the dealer about getting the bulbs replaced and they told me that you have to replace the switches in the steering wheel because it was a sealed 1 piece unit. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts