Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I took the plunge and just finished installing the fog lights. Am working on installing the new switch on the inside, have removed all three screws from underneath the steering wheel cover, and the instructions state that I just have to "push" on three positions on the bottom cover to release the clips, but I sure the heck can't get them to release and have pushed like crazy. Does anyone have any ideas on what might help?

I know this is a goofy question, but everything else went so well and this is starting to tick me off.

Nevermind, I got it off by using a paint can lid remover (which works very well for removing the little clips for the front end by the way). But, I ended up breaking two clips on the left hand side-such is life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reference Ramblerdan.

I tried everything that I could think of, and it was a pretty warm. It was just frustrating me because it was the first time I had attempted a mod of that significance and I didn't have any of the problems I thought I would (wiring, etc.) and it is always that one little thing that gets you. Overall, two of the little clips broke, but it is staying together pretty well (not loose or wiggly). I have been on a mod spree lately (trim painting, PIAA headlights and fogs, etc.) and ordered the D31 yellow top Optima battery after seeing yours (even after reading through all of the concerns about the shift in quality).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Thanks for the reference Ramblerdan.

I tried everything that I could think of, and it was a pretty warm. It was just frustrating me because it was the first time I had attempted a mod of that significance and I didn't have any of the problems I thought I would (wiring, etc.) and it is always that one little thing that gets you. Overall, two of the little clips broke, but it is staying together pretty well (not loose or wiggly). I have been on a mod spree lately (trim painting, PIAA headlights and fogs, etc.) and ordered the D31 yellow top Optima battery after seeing yours (even after reading through all of the concerns about the shift in quality).
My solution to nearly everything is the Fonzie punch. After I installed the fog lights the driver side one didn't work. Talk about demoralizing! I gave a solid hit to the fender, it turned on and I haven't had a problem since. This is no lie. It also worked to get the steering column cover off. That is frustrating as hell, but a well placed hammer fist usually solves everything.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top