Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Elements steering wheel lock when you park it? It says in the manual that it does if the key is turned to "0" position and then you push in a little and the steering wheel should lock. I have tried and tried to get the steering wheel to lock into position. The maual doesn't clarify whether to turn the steering wheel to the left or right or leave it dead center to find it's locking point. I must have spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to get that dang thing to lock into place with no luck.......is it just me or do I need to go ask the dealer how to do it ? :?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i'll try to remember to try this out today-- i'll let you know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Good question. I had thought there was not one. Worth playing with.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had passed over this post before. Went out and turned the wheel a bit and it locked. No key involved. I love my Satin Silver ex with side steps and mudflaps. That'l do it for me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yep,.. just remove key and turn the wheel either way.. i usually go for turning to the right from habit.. let us know ifyou have success or if it still drives you crazy.. good luck!

this is a normal Honda Feature, so i highly doubt hers would not have it.. i remember when i first discovered it by accident, with my Acura Integra.. when i had first bought it.. i was in a hurry to get to work, and was near tears trying to get the car to start, it would not start since the wheel was locked, i felt like a moron and was just nerve wrecked..

good luck!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote:30857432c0="GYPSYTDA"]yep,.. just remove key and turn the wheel either way.. i usually go for turning to the right from habit.. let us know ifyou have success or if it still drives you crazy.. good luck!

this is a normal Honda Feature, so i highly doubt hers would not have it.. i remember when i first discovered it by accident, with my Acura Integra.. when i had first bought it.. i was in a hurry to get to work, and was near tears trying to get the car to start, it would not start since the wheel was locked, i felt like a moron and was just nerve wrecked..

good luck![/quote:30857432c0]

Finally got it to work although I had to turn the steering wheel pretty far to the right in order for it to lock. Doesn't seem to work as good as past vehicles I have had but at least it did what it was supposed to this time. Thanks for everyones help.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
guess it was challenging you, smiles.. well hopefully the long turn willnot always be the case, was the steering wheel straight when you parked? that might have made it more extreme if it was pulled to the left and you were turning to the right to lock it.. just a thought.. good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts