Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Element Battery went dead. Now radio showing CODE. Bought car used so no card with the five digit code in owners manual. Can't find sticker with the code on hatch, glovebox, or fuse or relay cover. I did the Stereo OFF, hold 1 & 6 while turning stereo ON sequence.
I don't get a 8-digit number. I get three sets of 4 numbers with the last two groups of four indicated by 2ND and 3RD on the left side of the display. The first four digits are accompanied by an "hE" or something similar on the left side of the display. I've called two dealers .....no help. Can someone help me interpret this so I can get the 5-digit code and get the radio playing again?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
pop the radio out of the dash and get the serial number off the radio itself. the ring around the shifter is held in by 4 clips, one at each corner. start at the bottom and pull it off. take the 4 screws out that hold the radio in the dash and get the serial number off the radio. post it here and I or another member will get the code for you if the dealer wont give it to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts