Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 LX for the wife.

decided that I wanted to put my Pioneer Double Din headunit into her car so I have the ability to buy a new one for my 07 Pilot.

I did a quick search around here for the Master Sheets from Crutchfield but was unable to find them. Any help? Also I assume that Scosche Kit #HA1701B should work with her LX element, or is there another kit that is needed for the install.

Here is the link for the HA1701B; http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1539

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome to the EOC. Don't know what you mean by "master sheets", but it comes apart like all the other years. The "u-shaped" trim panel around the radio is removed, then the 4 screws securing the radio to the sub dash are removed and viola. The u-shaped trim has a small area in each lower corner that you can use a hook tool or panel removal tool to get ahold of it to pull it out. The harness is metra part # 70-1721 and you'll need the antenna adapter 40-HD10. That mounting kit should work fine. If you Pioneer D-Din requires a vehicle speed sense connection, it may require some work to get to. Have fun.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't think you will need an antenna adapter for the LX. The antenna plug is the standard Motorola type. Also, you might be able to use the mounting brackets off the OEM radio on the new one. I would check before buying the install kit.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't think you will need an antenna adapter for the LX. The antenna plug is the standard Motorola type. Also, you might be able to use the mounting brackets off the OEM radio on the new one. I would check before buying the install kit.

I believe you are correct about the antenna adapter, didn't pay attention to the fact that it was an LX :oops: As far as the kit....yes you can mount the unit with the factory brackets, but I don't believe the trim ring that comes with a double din unit will properly fit the leftover gap. Easier to pick up the kit and have it on hand when it comes time to do the install and return it if not needed, than to get started and have to stop to go get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for getting back so quick I'm not use to that with the Pilot forum I was on before.

Master Sheets are the crutchfield install sheets that have the step by step directions on how to install the stereo without F'in up the interior.

I was planning on buying the kit regardless, I prefer to have as little hang ups as possible, esp since it is the wife's car....I'll try to do some more research on the LX model and the antenna adapter, as most Honda's need the adapters now.

So just to verify it is just that front plate with 4 pressure tabs that i need to pry off, and then some screws to remove the factory?!? Sounds too easy....why cant the pilot be similar! :|

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Hey thanks for getting back so quick I'm not use to that with the Pilot forum I was on before.

Master Sheets are the crutchfield install sheets that have the step by step directions on how to install the stereo without F'in up the interior.

I was planning on buying the kit regardless, I prefer to have as little hang ups as possible, esp since it is the wife's car....I'll try to do some more research on the LX model and the antenna adapter, as most Honda's need the adapters now.

So just to verify it is just that front plate with 4 pressure tabs that i need to pry off, and then some screws to remove the factory?!? Sounds too easy....why cant the pilot be similar! :|
Here is a post with some tips on taking off the front plate and taking out
the radio. Make sure you read my steps, and you will see how they match
the pictures.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56199&highlight=ipod+spec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts