Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in installing stiffer springs, especially the rear. Is there anything on the market that is the same size with a higher spring rate?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would also be interested in some better springs. Just bought a little trailer and it really makes the back sag which I hate.
E has 150 lb max toung weight capacity. Adjust your load or your trailer axle. I occasionally tow way over the 1500 max trailer weight, but if it's loaded right, I have no sagging.

Reactions: Mike1953

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, :)

I have also experienced the same thing. Because I have a lot of tools in my car!

But today I went to a shop here in Norway, that has every kind of accesorize to cars.

I bought something they called "rubber spring expanders" to put in between the springs. For just 10 dollars for both back springs!
http://www.biltema.no/no/Bil---Mc/For--og-bakstilling/Ovrig/Gummimellomlegg-6-stk/ (Norwegian site)

I installed them today, and they really work! Maybe not the best solution, but it works for now!:)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
by me they have similar pieces. but they are in one coil not small pieces. less chance of slipping out imo
same price though

and trailer load leveling tongue is the best

·
Registered
123 Posts
I probably should have been more specific.. Its more that any weight in the back of the E makes it sag. When its just the trailer, it only drops about an inch when i hook the trailer up. But throw a cooler in the back of the e, and down we go. Last year we did a month long road trip with the car stuffed to the ceiling but no trailer. It handled the weight, but was really sitting low in the back. I would love to find something that stiffens the overall suspension of the E. Any weight in the back takes all the weight off the front and makes it much less fun to drive.

I should also mention that i replaced all of the struts with kyb's, and replaced all of the sway bar end links, and sway bar bushings with new honda parts.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im sure someone at as parts house could check on this but. what springs fit our struts. you might get some oem ridgeline or pilot springs that have higher rates or maybe a crosstour or RDX

but the only way is to check diameters and length for fit. then check on the spring rates.

for example. an RDX spring might fit but be longer then stock. a lowering spring for RDX might have higher rate and be same length as element spring.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I called Ground Control and they will not seller a stiffer rate spring for an Element. They said the shocks are not strong enough to deal with the extra load.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hate to resurrect a dead horse, but ... is it actually that there is no 'bit stiffer' spring that can be bought and mated to an aftermarket shock at the back and strut at the front?

I'm kinda hoping that there is some way to do this since my rear springs are sagging a little and it seems stupid to get new KYB gear and then put the old springs back on.
Or are we going the expensive route of all new OEM struts and shocks with springs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hate to resurrect a dead horse, but ... is it actually that there is no 'bit stiffer' spring that can be bought and mated to an aftermarket shock at the back and strut at the front?

I'm kinda hoping that there is some way to do this since my rear springs are sagging a little and it seems stupid to get new KYB gear and then put the old springs back on.
Or are we going the expensive route of all new OEM struts and shocks with springs?
Hi, guys check this page have a nice springs that im thinking of buy.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Also check this ones

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, guys check this page have a nice springs that im thinking of buy.

I came here to point these springs out. Not sure what shocks are best to put these springs on, since any shock is going to be designed for the softer OEM springs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts