Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so about a year back I got into the E. I just have a few new questions. I did a quick search and didn't really come up with anything...other than the MT having a lil worse milage due to driver error and gear ratios up top, and an SC console into an EX.

Anyway, I'm really diggin the new facelift of the 09 Es. Thing is, just like the older versions, I have issues w/ wanting things from both the SC and the EX 4wd. I like the SCs looks both inside colors and outside styling, and the EXs 4wd and cleanable interior.

I don't know what would be more of a PITA (staying in dreamland here) but assuming funds were limitless, which would be easier to do, buying an SC and installing the 4wd or buying an EX and installing pretty much everything else SC (body parts + dash, ctr console, etc)? I assume the SC's parts will be a hell of a lot easier to install, just way more expensive.

Or should I just settle for an EX and just swap in the ctr console?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Get the EX and swap the console. :D

Aside from that, the 4WD modules won't fit in the SC correctly. The suspension is quite different on the SC and there would be a lot of issues running the propeller shaft and rear diff. You'd basically have to put on a rear axle & suspension set from an EX/LX, and then I'm not sure the connections underneath would be the same anyway.

Long story short, I don't think putting 4WD on an SC would be practical or even possible without MAJOR work. You'd be much better off getting an EX and putting on whatever SC pieces you want.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics or didn't happen. :p

I just went on honda's site and saw the SC's gauges...oooo pretty...:cool:

I guess the reason I'm really considering the 4wd is probably based on my recent experience of living in New England for the first time. Considering I plan to move back to SoCal this summer should definitely influence my final decision. When it comes down to it, I guess the practical option would be to get the SC and just get all-season floormats like bassplayer said and them waterproof seat covers.

So now the decisions continue...MT or AT? AGH!
I think I posted here once that I drove both...then tested both the AT and MT xB2. The MT E SC was SMOOTH as butter. The Scion was so damn clunky/finicky. As much as I want a MT again, the extra mileage (though minimal) and ease of driving (i'm a lazya$$ now haha) is just too tempting. But funner to drive and almost a grand cheaper?

hmm...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I agree with Twi. I flew to NY to buy my Element so I could have the MT. I also had to have it in SOP. It was my dream Element, what can I say?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kind of mileage you guys getting? real-world, that is? also, how do you drive and do you keep your tires inflated, yada yada yada...

i'll go look for that one mileage thread again tho...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I usually get about 24.5 MPG. On the highway I'm getting about 27 MPG. I always shift at 2500 RPMs. It seems to make a difference. I tried shifting at 3000RPM and started to get 22-23MPG. I don't pay a great attention to tire inflation, even though I should.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts