Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard from my dealer the other day after I had emailed him for an update. Its been a moonth now that I have been waiting for my SOP Ex and they say it may be sometime in March. Its not a color they get many of but it will be worth the wait. No one even in area to trade with. I am at least getting alot of accessories delivered UPS so will be kept busy with installations the first week after he does come in. Haven't thought of a name yet, but since Yogi bear will be on dash instead of hula girl maybe i should nickname it my little picnic basket.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yeah, I really lucked out getting mine. The dealer told me that only 2% of SOP's were produced. Were you told that? :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer has only seen one SOP come into dealership so far. I live on cape cod and it is the only Honda dealer on cape.They get black,blue and silver and usually have one in stock. I will be patient for two months and then start making them do a harder search and find it.
As mentioned before, I have been buying accessories in preparation so will fantastic time putting together.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I was buying mine, the dealer said another dealership offered to trade him 10 Accords for it! Good thing he said no! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I live in Ontario and my SOP Y Package E is supposed to be on the lot in mid-March. The dealer has told me I am the next one in line to get one. He told me that no dealers in the area have ANY besides the one E they have on the lot for test drives. He said most dealers will not recieve their next alottment until JUNE! I have been assured I will be happily driving mine off the lot no later than the first week of April. Perhaps it is the daily phone call to the dealership that has lit the fire under them... :D

It's funny how the car I have right now...which I loved so much when I got it...Is no longer important to me as I stare and drool at the brochure for the E day after day...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man... I stared at that brochure so many times ( Every day) before I finally got my Element.

Then I just threw the brochure away, and started to enjoy my EL!!!! :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have been seriously thinking about having my "E" poster hard-mounted on plak-board......

I hope the dealer was misinformed about June for the next allotment. I have heard different stories from different dealers around the Toronto area.

Iskie

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am not sure...Because I know my dealer has an E on the lot with my name (so he says) but it's the wrong colour, and they are trying to trade it with no luck. Everytime I drive by I only see the Galapagos green Element which is their demo vehicle. I think he is speaking in a figurative sense... :roll:

I will keep you posted. It says on the back of my sales agreement that the dealer has 90 days in which to deliver the vehicle before the contract is technically void...They better move fast. My little Cavalier which I am trading in is getting on in kM's...

I JUST WANT MY SOP E! If anyone has one with new KM's and a new car smell that you want to trade...for a red 98 Cavalier...HA! Just kidding!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also waiting for my SOP EX (2WD) here in Southern Nevada.
This talk of June makes me nervous. My dealer said by the end of this month, though. I would have taken a black one if I were someplace other than the desert.

·
Registered
253 Posts
krix, you might want to check out the Shoreline Mist. Haven't seen one in person, but I guess it's a sandy color. Then you could blend right in with the desert sand! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts