Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Stinger SPV35 yellowtop battery. I've used it for about 2 years. Its been a great little battery, 0 problems. Only reason I'm getting rid of it is cause I upgraded to a group 31 battery. I'm looking to get 50 plus shipping. I think I can get it in a usps flat rate box for 10 or 12ish. Only thing wrong is a little cosmetic. There is a scratch in the label on the top, and two rubmarks on the sides. This battery is a closed cell battery, so you can mount it however you want (although it's factory size). You also don't have to worry about topping off the water or anything in these. Here are some specs:

Brand: Stinger
Condition: New
Battery Type: Dry Cell
Max Peak Discharge: 1050 Amps
5-Second Cranking Output: 525 Amps
Cold Cranking Output: 438 Amps
Nominal Capacity: 35 Ah of (C20)
Temperature Range: -15 to +50 C
Diminsions: 8-1/4W x 5D x 7-3/4H

Having trouble fitting a larger battery to run your system in your Honda or Acura?? Then this is the battery for you!!! Fits in Civics and Integras as well as many other vehicles where the battery area is small!!! Stinger's new addition to our battery line is the SPV35. This impressive battery utilizes many of the same technologies as the remarkable Power2 batteries and provides them at an outstanding value. The valve regulated, sealed lead acid battery utilizes dry cell technology with an absorbed glass mat similar to the Power2 series of batteries. This makes the SPV35 and excellent deep cycle battery in a compact size, which is ideal for car audio applications. All offered with a limited one year exchange warranty. Stinger Battery Specifically made for Honda /Acura. Newer Flat Plate Technology then old Spiral Cell Optima design. Full utilization of all available space provides the most power for the given space and weight. Proven AGM design leads to ultra high current output with longer battery life and faster charging. The SPV35 will be less stressful on your factory alternator because of low internal resistance. You will see and hear the difference in your audio system. Stingers POWER series batteries offer many of the same technologies as our remarkable Power2 series at an outstanding value. The valve regulated, sealed lead acid battery utilizes dry cell technology with an absorbed glass mat for performance that comes just short of the POWER2 but far ahead of other batteries! This makes the POWER series the perfect choice for excellent Dry Cell performance on a budget. POWER Battery Dimensions SPV35: 7-3/4" H x 8-1/4" W x 5" D (Add 5/8 to height for battery post) Product Code: SPV35

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a buyer for this, but it appears that he/she has backed out. Its packed and ready to ship.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You'll wan to to send this UPS Ground read here http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_021.htm

They are getting very serious about cracking down and you could end up with a huge fine. My understanding is that batteries like this are a no go through the USPS mail. You can't tell them what it is because they won't accept it and so they won't be able to safely handle it.

I could be wrong in this specific case but I ship a lot, I'm pretty sure it's not allowed.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pm replied.

Also I'll check with the post office before I send it, but from all my reading it looks like closed cell batteries are fine, the packaging just has to be marked on the outside.

·
Registered
177 Posts
pm replied.

Also I'll check with the post office before I send it, but from all my reading it looks like closed cell batteries are fine, the packaging just has to be marked on the outside.
That's a good idea. Ask a supervisor, so that way you can be sure you are covered. UPS will allow it and it will run about the same amount, if need be.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is sold.

By the way, you can ship dry cell batteries through the post office no problem. Its in their little haz mat book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.