Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 4 yr wait finally got a E, (LX 2006) It came with a sony after market CTG340 I believe, it sounds ok, but im a OEM kinda guy so im thinking of getting a 2nd hand stock radio (via salvage yard or Ebay)

My dilemma is I guess my E had the basic stock 4 speaker system, so can I buy a 7 speaker system radio and put it in? Can I add the oem subwoofer and amp, or am I limited to a four speaker oem radio? Can say a radio (oem) from say a 2007-9 fit my E?

I thought about just adding a subwoofer, but i need my space, and I dont want to contribute to society (have it stolen) because it'll be in view. I was thinking along the lines of getting a powered subwoofer, but the money they wanted to make and install ($400.00) I d just rather get a stock OEM system before i lay out that kinda cash. Im not a audiophile and I dont want to get into spending all kinds of cash for this (ive gota kid to put through college).

Sorry so long but your suggestions will be helpful, Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just make you understand, it is most likely you will pay more to go OEM route from scratch, used or new, right?

Plenty of used and in good condtion OEM radios on Ebay. I guess Id still need to get the Oem sub and amp if needed.

·
Registered
816 Posts
make sure if you buy an oem radio from e-bay that it comes with the anti-theft code...its useless with out it,,good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies so far, can someone tell or show me what kind of radio came with the lx model 2006?

·
Registered
510 Posts
The LX came with the Single DIN radio and had a "storage Tray" below it. I dont believe the single din radios have a radio code, but i could be wrong.
I would reccomend checking out the Trading Post section and seeing if anybody has one for sale, If not... post a WTB thread ;)

Here is a somewhat crappy photo, but you can see the single din with the compartment below it.

If you just want a bone stock system, youre going to be better off sticking with the LX version if you dont want to pay out a bit of cash to get the OEM EX version installed. If you must have a sub, i have a sub/amp/box combo for sale that isnt hard to instal, However, youre going to want to use an aftermarket Head Unit along with that and From what i understand, you want to stay away from that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts