Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there long term lurker on here, curious if anyone can shed some light on replacement suspension for the Element.

I was ready to pull the trigger on some BC Racing Coilovers until I discovered they WILL NOT offer them in the stock ride height anymore.

I have no interest in lowering or lifting my Element, but I do want a performance upgrade wether it be in the form of coilovers or struts.

I found this set of struts, but the website seems sketchy, anyone have experience with this vendor or the brand of struts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,058 Posts
I was in the same situation, stock ride height but better dampening. The link is for standard KYB replacements, nothing different about them. I had those rears on mine for 5 yrs, until they started leaking. Ended up using SC rear struts, and they have a bit more dampening than standard. Way less "bobbing" over bumps. Front are still factory EX.
Good luck finding SC struts. Not much available for E's other than stock replacements.

Reactions: subwizzll

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
2,058 Posts
The spring is what determines ride height. SC struts are slightly shorter, but they fit EX springs just fine.

Reactions: subwizzll

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The spring is what determines ride height. SC struts are slightly shorter, but they fit EX springs just fine.

Good info, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
470 Posts
I have put Standard BR Series BC Racing coil-overs on my EX... at the same time I pulled some pieces from my parts car SC... SC wheels & SC sway bars (front and rear)...
I also added PowerFlex bushings about everywhere in the rear
New front lower arms (standard replacement arms w/bushings)
New rear lower arms ( Aerogenics + Tie Bar )

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

EX now sits about an inch lower... which was about the same as the SC...
I would do it again in a heart beat... BC Racing and SC wheeled "Zippy" on right, EX parts car on left.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

As far as performance goes, I would much prefer to take the Element through a rolling corner over my rear wheel drive BMW Z3... (stock engine/suspension, w/chassis stiffeners x3)

Hope that helps...

Brad

Reactions: mr_manny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have put Standard BR Series BC Racing coil-overs on my EX... at the same time I pulled some pieces from my parts car SC... SC wheels & SC sway bars (front and rear)...

View attachment 211986

I would do it again in a heart beat... BC Racing and SC wheeled "Zippy" on right, EX parts car on left.

View attachment 211987

As far as performance goes, I would much prefer to take the Element through a rolling corner over my rear wheel drive BMW Z3... (stock engine/suspension, w/chassis stiffeners x3)

Hope that helps...

Brad
Great info for sure, doesn't really solve my stock ride height dilemma though.

The Aerogenics kit seems like a good idea...

I drive on a lot of forest road so ground clearance is pretty important.

I was thinking of running some 235/70R15s to hopefully offset the 1 inch lower.

·
Registered
1 Posts

View attachment 211986

View attachment 211987

Hope that helps...

Brad
What rims are you running on the ride to the right? Lookin good!

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
470 Posts
The Aerogenics kit seems like a good idea...
I will say that the 1" ground clearance that I lost with the "Tie Bar" between the rear arms makes it the lowest thing under the vehicle and usually first to strike an object in the road...
It's also the piece that takes a beating from the mounded up middle hump of a non-maintained road...

What rims are you running on the ride to the right? Lookin good!
Thanks, those are refinished stock SC wheels... Wheel Doctor in Cincinnati, Ohio... did a wonderful job!
I had one wheel in this set with slight damage (surface scratches really), I don't even know which one it is now... (y)
I found some paint for the center caps that matches pretty well (shown below)... I found some old school (Prelude maybe?) 69mm center caps with the "H" debossed...

Cheers!
Brad

Automotive tire Material property Gas Auto part Font

1 - 9 of 9 Posts