Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Mods. Please move to Mobile Electronics.

:twisted:Ok, here's the idea. My Wife won't like pounding around town, so I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up a standalone sub/amp combo, while leaving the stock sub and amp as well. I have an aftermarket deck, so can control each individual sub. Can I just shut off the big sub and turn on the stock sub when the bass isn't wanted?

Does that even make sense? :twisted:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the stock sub/amp is hooked up, untouched, from the factory.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yes, the stock sub/amp is hooked up, untouched, from the factory.
hook up an rca y on the sub output of your new radio, one part goes to the stock, one will go to the aftermarket amp. tie into the amp turn on and hook up a toggle that the output goes to the new amps turn on input or get an amp that has a remote level control like the kickers do and mount it up front.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it is not the greatest thing out there but it may suit your wants/needs and fall into your price range. it also looks like it has the remote bass control knob mentioned earlier that will allow you to adjust the level then the mrs. gets in the truck. i have not heard this one personally, but the fusion brand is what i would consider "entry level." you may want to try to listen to one in person or find someone that actually has that model before you buy it. not trying to be nagative, just trying to be honest.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the honesty. No need to tip-toe around it. :)

My other option is to buy something used, which may work. I liked the fusion setup because of the size. I can't lose much trunk space. I was also looking at one of the pioneer shallow subs in a shallow box, but then I'll need an amp too.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
not that audiobahn is a great name by anymeans but they also are entry level ( a little better than fusion) and i have installed a few of these over the years and they actually didnt sound bad at all. they came with amp cable and everything you need to hook them up back when i put them in ( the second link shows that but the first makes no mention of it.) only bring them up cause i have actually heard them and they look like they are a lot cheaper than the fusion one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiobahn-10-In...ures?hash=item2a00eac516&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiobahn-ATB10...in_0?hash=item2ea6367d68&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

1 - 9 of 9 Posts