Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the stock woofer is an single or double cone woofer ?? and how much ohm ??
i want to replace it by an Cerwin Vega. bud that one is a double and 4 ohm per cone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The stock subwoofer is a dual voice coil sub. I believe that is the question you are asking but I am not completely sure so if it is not I am sorry. If memory serves me right the stock amp is putting out somewhere around 15-30rms per channel at 4ohms. Don't quote me on that! If you are going to upgrade the subwoofer itself I would suggest you also upgrade the amp running it. Then you can match the sub and amp to your liking. I just got done adding the stock subwoofer to my 07 LX. I already replaced the stock HU so adding a sub was the next logical step. I have the stock sub in the stock enclosure but it is being run by a rockford Fosgate prime 150. The setup sounds great. In fact it sounds so good to me that I will keep the stock sub until it blows (if it blows). There is a mod called Mikes mod that I followed to give you an idea about the specifics. Hope this helps. If not I am sure some of the great members who know way more than I do will be able to help.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. that's the answer i was searching for. when i play the music verry quit i hear some kranks in the sub. thats the reason why i want to change the sub. i dont want to change the amp because i like the sound of it. and for the realy heavy bass i buy next month a pioneer activ subwoofer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A speaker is only as good as the amp running it, even the best chef (the subwoofer) cant make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t (the stock amp thats pushing a max of 40 watts to that sub) , if your going to put an aftermarket sub in there you need to power it accordingly; it is really bad for the speaker/sub to be underpowered. You might run into some problems as well if you try to put a single voice coil on the amp that is set up for a dvc, and you might also run into problems wiring a dvc aftermarket to that amp cuz your either going to have to wire it in series or parallel. In series your going to have more resistance which will cause less power to be pulled from the amp and in parallel your going ot lower the resistance which might end up frying your amp depending on the what OHM the voice coils are...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm ...... why does that answering sounds so bad .........

bud today i searched for that crank noice, and lucky me it is not the woofer, bud the left door speaker. so the woofers stays, and i change the door speakers for better ones. i went to the local hifi store and the replacement speakers wil be a set of Audio Systems. for more bass i put an Pioneer activ woofer in the trunk. this one:

that woofer rock !!! it sounds great and kick hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts