Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after a dinner at the local Ruby Tuesdays, we noticed that the local classic car club was holding their usual Saturday night Antique/Hot Rod car show in the vast parking lot adjacent to Ruby's. So we hopped in our 2 day old E and cruised throught the lot gazing at all the old cars (T-Birds, Stangs, Vettes, Studabakers, Model T's, you name it was there). Well much to our amazement, everyone was gazing back at our E. It was incredible.
Anyone that owns an E knows the stare that you get from people admiring the car. Well we pulled into a parking spot to go walk through the lot of cars. Well much to our amazement people came over to our E and were asking me questions and wanted to look inside. The E stole the show! The clam shell doors were a nig hit.
It is funny though, most dealers on Long Island claim that there is a backorder on Elements across Long Island...however, as a traveling computer tech who travels across Long Island, NY City and New Jersey...
I'm lucky if I have seen 5 Elements (including mine) in the last month.
I have seen to many of the Mercedes M-Class suv's on the road...Geez they start @ 37K.
I guess the E is still an mystery to many. All I can say....I GOT MINE!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in sales and my clients are auto dealers, boat dealers and RV dealers. So you can just imagine what kind of looks I get as I pull onto their lots. The people that "love" my H3 really love it. The people that "hate" my H3 really hate it. Most of the people that hate it I run into on the freeway. They make it a point to pull up beside me to get my attention, then yell out, "that's so ugly!". The people that really love my H3 I run into in the parking lots of the post office, grocery store, movie theater and church.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So far i have owned my E for 4 months now and i haven't come across one single rude comment. I have showned my E a couple of times and they all loved it. I still get a fair amount of stares and i just keep on smiling =) I guess living in a big city like Chicago, people tend to be more open than say "suburbia america", just my opinion.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Similar Sunday Experience-

The hot rods usually cruise on sundays, and when they went past me in my E, each took their turn to look.

It will be a classic one day dang it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts