Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have had my E for 1 month and the antenna has been stolen twice. IS anyone else having a problem with this? By the way, a new one costs about 26 bucks from the dealer. I picked 2 more up today. :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
What's the world coming to? I'll bet the social retard doing this would also steal a wheelchair or a white cane. No one's bothered mine, but then again the day is young. I sincerely hope that whomever is doing this has met their quota for E antennas and leaves you and your new antenna(s) in peace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My poor wife crys everytime it happens.. That is why I bought two this time. I hope it makes her feel better just to be able to stick another one on.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Somone mentioned using LocTite before to make it much harder to remove.

See this link for more info. Also, i seemt o remember a dab of nail polish on the threads has somewhat of the same effect.

Iskie

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is the same antenna used on the S2000. VW and Toyota owners are always on the prowl to "upgrade" their antenna to the "cool" Honda antenna, at no charge.

I can pick up my favorite local stations just fine without an antenna, so I have it removed. A stubby little rubber bumper is put in it's place. The stereo is best enjoyed playing CD's anyway.

On the S2000, I did the same thing. But usually the radio is off anyway: I'm listening to the engine... :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
This method may be a bit extreme - but you could a small dab of J.B. Weld on the threads. This will make it very difficult to steal your aerial, but also it could make it difficult to remove if it has to be removed for some reason. I guess it just depends on how much you hate getting your aerial stolen.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just remember that when you put a thread lock on the antenna, the thief will just work harder to remove it, this might mean more damage to your car than a $15 antenna.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i mentioned loctite before in another thread where someone lost their antanna.

there are various strengths indicated by the color. i would suggest using blue for a removeable fit and red for a 'not so easy, i want it to stay' fit.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:93520f80f6="Einstein"]This is the same antenna used on the S2000. VW and Toyota owners are always on the prowl to "upgrade" their antenna to the "cool" Honda antenna, at no charge.[/quote:93520f80f6]

As a VW and Element owner I resent that remark. I know quite a few VeeDubbers who have purchased the S2000 antenna from Honda parts departments legit!

when I saw the stubby antenna on the E, I knew this would be an issue though. I was kinda hoping that being up so high it would discourage theft a bit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't resent my comment, I feel it was quite justified based on the number of thefts of s2000 owners, combined with the number of web home pages that show the Honda antenna (Just go to any search engine and type in "S2000 antenna") They are also sold on ebay. There is no upgrade available on the S2000 antenna, so evidently there is a gray market for this product because it isn't S2000 owners selling them.

[quote:c8eedc169d="psm0110"][quote:c8eedc169d="Einstein"]This is the same antenna used on the S2000. VW and Toyota owners are always on the prowl to "upgrade" their antenna to the "cool" Honda antenna, at no charge.[/quote:c8eedc169d]

As a VW and Element owner I resent that remark. I know quite a few VeeDubbers who have purchased the S2000 antenna from Honda parts departments legit!

when I saw the stubby antenna on the E, I knew this would be an issue though. I was kinda hoping that being up so high it would discourage theft a bit.[/quote:c8eedc169d]

·
Registered
9 Posts
dam. my element became a victim last week too. i hear that some guys steal the stubby antennas to replace their tiny dinga-lings so they can feel more confident and less awkward in social situations. i take solice in my belief that karma pays everybody their due. i do not want to become a victim again so i will paint my new antenna pink, if you see a bastard with a pink dinga-ling, call me...

·
Registered
641 Posts
that is ridiculous. i never even thought of the antenna as being a target of theft. don't you wish you could just catch someone once

you try to have something nice and look what happens...

good luck, surfnet! that sucks.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
hey guys...
Thanks for the diligence in raising the dead....
It's nice to search, and read the old posts, but lets be careful when replying to them....:rolleyes:

BTW, Hello and Welcome vanographics...nice first post:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
replace your antenna with a taser. the next time he grabs it will also be the last time his heart beats. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
OK, I have had my E for 1 month and the antenna has been stolen twice. IS anyone else having a problem with this? By the way, a new one costs about 26 bucks from the dealer. I picked 2 more up today. :(
okay im going to tell u exactly why

1. u live in miami

2. Elements come stock with a short antenna aka shorty antenna, so people with mitsubishi's, vw, or others that have those long thin antennas can steal yours to replace to have a cooler shorter 1

·
Registered
16 Posts
dont glue ur stubby on haha

idk how it is by you guys but when i get my car washed the guys always take mine off the roof and put in on the pass. seat not sure how much damage if any can be caused by leaving it on but its just a thought

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why is it taboo to reply to an old thread?

hey guys...
Thanks for the diligence in raising the dead....
It's nice to search, and read the old posts, but lets be careful when replying to them....:rolleyes:

BTW, Hello and Welcome vanographics...nice first post:cool:
First off, ditto on the excellent post, Vanographics!

Now, Tim... Please explain the admonition regarding replying to old posts. I mean, seriously I would be curious to know what is behind that. I'm not trying to be a jerk by asking. I've read the terms of agreement. I've browsed the FAQ and saw no topic in the "General Forum Usage" section or "Reading and Posting Messages" section that would seem to instruct us against resurrecting old posts. If it is there and I missed it, please provide a link. I could have missed it. If it's not, then please explain... Is it just "understood"... an unwritten rule? All of the replies were on topic, except your comment about raising an old thread from the dead (and now my reply to that). And I'm not being critical of you for saying it... Many others would have said the same thing but with a hateful tone to it (You only used the subtlety of the sarcastic rolling eyes smiley). But I'm only saying that those who replied in 2008 were on topic, so what difference does it make if the topic is 5 years old? I'd imagine there are still theft problems 5 years later. Even those who replied directly to the o.p. (who hasn't been around since 2003, but we all make mistakes) provided info or humor, and if anything, added to the topic.

Also, I am not multilingual... I don't read smiley. If there are English subtitles (like with the sarcastic one when I hover over it with my mouse), I can understand. Is the one that you added as an attachment stabbing a thread? If so, I get it. Well.... I still don't get it. But I mean that I comprehend what he is doing.

Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

joe

·
Registered
848 Posts
okay im going to tell u exactly why

1. u live in miami

2. Elements come stock with a short antenna aka shorty antenna, so people with mitsubishi's, vw, or others that have those long thin antennas can steal yours to replace to have a cooler shorter 1
You're replying to a 2 year old post like it was yesterday.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts