Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- I've read through similar threads already but some of them are old. My CC was stolen last night, unbolted / not hacksawed, and two sensor wires were cut.

Dealer quoted me $2800; a second garage quoted me $2200 (without seeing the car), and a third $800 to use aftermarket parts.

What should I do? Thanks.

(2005 Element, AWD MT)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"illegal" oem parts for Element CC repair

Just talked to another indy garage guy who quoted me $1900-2200 without seeing it. He said using non-Honda parts is illegal for the Element, and even though it would work fine as far as I could tell driving it, that it wouldn't pass smog the next time I went in.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
"illegal" oem parts for Element CC repair

Just talked to another indy garage guy who quoted me $1900-2200 without seeing it. He said using non-Honda parts is illegal for the Element, and even though it would work fine as far as I could tell driving it, that it wouldn't pass smog the next time I went in.
You can use aftermarket parts in California, you just need to be sure that the aftermarket catalytic convertor is a "california emissions" catalytic converter. I purchased mine on Amazon and have passed 2 smog checks since installing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts