·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Really would love a good excuse to hit the open road. There's still an outside chance you may hear from me on this but it is mighty remote. If I do, it'll be a Saturday arrival...What time are ya'll thinking of getting to S/H2 on Sat?

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not looking like we're going to make it. I had been hoping another family would be going with us but they've backed out. It would be too much of a long drive with just myself and my two year old. :-(

Jojo, sounds like you guys have a long drive as well. Hope y'all take the smaller roads and enjoy some of the other unique sites through the hill country.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not looking like we're going to make it. I had been hoping another family would be going with us but they've backed out. It would be too much of a long drive with just myself and my two year old. :-(

Jojo, sounds like you guys have a long drive as well. Hope y'all take the smaller roads and enjoy some of the other unique sites through the hill country.
Too bad you can't make it, as far as the long drive............shoot we just got back from a 3500 mile trip 1/2 of TX is nuthin!:D
We always take the back roads:)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We always take the back roads:)
"US Interstates have made it possible to travel across the country...without seeing one bit of it."
Charles Kuralt, from his acclaimed "On the Road" Series

·
Registered
297 Posts
potluck sounds good if we have enough folks coming.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
where is that and when are you going?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
cool, if i dont have to go to Omaha mNE , I will drive down

·
Registered
297 Posts
We won't be able to do the restaurant, we've got Tank....my dad is too far to drop him off this time;-)
That's cool. We've been meaning to try that place out, so we'll be popping on by there anyway. Plus if anyone wants to just meet and eat (and not do the camping thing) they can just meet at the restaurant.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
At that angle, looks like some boulders got together to sing around a campfire.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jojo and i had a great time in Kerrville. I think the weather cooled just for us. Jo, hope you make it home ok!

somehow couldn\\\'t find the good camera, so had to take pics with the cell phone. :-(

Got Tank in that one!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Were home!
Our trip started out with us losing the teardrop keys. Wanted to leave early but spent 45 minutes looking for them to no avail. Another 15 fixing the lights after the light check revealed no lights. Friday morning traffic:mad:, they screwed up our McDonalds order and gave us diet Big Macs (only 1 patty) and Tank got a chicken sandwich instead of his favorite nuggets.

Spent a few minutes at the park as Mr. Jojo demonstrated his skills as a lock pick and got us into the Galley, still couldn't lock the doors or the hitch. Looks like we'll have to replace all the locks. On the drive home we hit a hard bump and the cabin door came open everything fell out and since we couldn't lock the doors something hit the door handle and it flew open along with some of our stuff, including the fan, which is now broke.:-( Oh and we stopped at a rest stop and I reached in a vending machine and it bit me! Yeah blood was drawn!

But would have done it all again!

Along with seeing Stonehinge and the Easter island heads, we saw exotic deer, zebra and ostriches on the way home, where were we, Texas, Scotland, Easter Island, Africa??:confused:
Only in Texas:rolleyes:;-):)

Our Campsite
Deer
Wild camp calico kitty
Bunny Mr. Jojo almost stepped on
Someone buried Snowball off the trail in 1975....maybe he loved the trails:confused:

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts