Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a 2010 Element Ex. I will be driving it with one seat almost always up. (My big Goldendoodle sits in the passenger side rear seat.) After a week of driving my new Element, I realize that I have to do something to make the rear area less slick. Things are rolling around on the rubber flooring like I am on the high seas. Carpeting, cargo net, yoga matts, ???? What are some ideas on making the back cargo area and one side without seat more friendly to groceries and general stuff?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I am the new owner of a 2010 Element Ex. I will be driving it with one seat almost always up. (My big Goldendoodle sits in the passenger side rear seat.) After a week of driving my new Element, I realize that I have to do something to make the rear area less slick. Things are rolling around on the rubber flooring like I am on the high seas. Carpeting, cargo net, yoga matts, ???? What are some ideas on making the back cargo area and one side without seat more friendly to groceries and general stuff?
I have one similar to this one, look around, check dimensions for your application, make sure it has anti-slip bottom, many out there to chose from.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015IVU8VG?psc=1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
no idea why it won't paste. search amazon for:
PWOW® Car Trunk Organizer High Quality Multipurpose Collapsible Folding Car Trunk Storage Organizer

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have used yoga mats on every car ive ever owned before they were even called yoga mats. A cheap Harbor Freight furniture pad also helps out as much as a towel in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy universe. The rear cargo net is actually a fairly generic part that does its job well. Dont worry about it being a "Honda OEM" cargo net, any one thats the same length will do. Mine came out of a rental car, a Lincoln or an Acura, I dont recall.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
South Coast Custom Carpet Set

Welcome to the EOC.
I also have a large 75lb. Labradoodle, Riley. We even developed a personalized rear cargo area mat for him years ago.8)
Visit our site www.hondaelementmats.com and see our complete carpet sets. We can custom make that rear section with one rear slot cutout for the seat you leave in place for your dog.
South Coast Accessories has been a sponsor of the EOC for years, and if you order a set please mention your a member and we'll send you a $10.00 rebate
check.

Jerry/SCA

·
Registered
566 Posts
For groceries and "stuff", I use a basic plastic storage container (your choice of colors & sizes - I have a green one to match my GGM) & anti slip bottom liner (your choice: anti-fatigue mats, welcome outdoor rubber mats, etc...).

When they're on sale you can get the whole setup for < $10.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased an '05 element. The dealer did not do such a good job cleaning it. Surface wise, it was clean, but they pretty much just "armor all'ed" the entire thing. It's like they were paid by the bottle of Armor All usage. I can't seem to get the slickness off. Any advice for cleaning?

The floor is a little warped, so I don't think it would be a good idea to take a hose to it.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
The floor is a little warped, so I don't think it would be a good idea to take a hose to it.
It's a bad idea to hose the floor whether it's warped or perfect. A thread-title search for keyword "hose" returns these relevant threads, some dating to 2003:

supposed "hose-down" interior
Can you hose out the interior?
Hose the inside Floor????
New Honda literature: NO HOSE-DOWN!
Forbes Article perpetuates 'hose out' myth!
I know you can't hose it out, but what about this....

There are also existing threads on cleaning the interior. Enjoy your reading.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It's a bad idea to hose the floor whether it's warped or perfect. A thread-title search for keyword "hose" returns these relevant threads, some dating to 2003:

supposed "hose-down" interior
Can you hose out the interior?
Hose the inside Floor????
New Honda literature: NO HOSE-DOWN!
Forbes Article perpetuates 'hose out' myth!
I know you can't hose it out, but what about this....

There are also existing threads on cleaning the interior. Enjoy your reading.
Seems he may be a real person but spamming quick replies to bump up the post count, likely, to gain access to the sales forum.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
I unpredictably use most of the rear seat position options, so I have a bungies, headrest bag hooks, and a soft cargo box.

Bungies, connected to the front floor anchors and run through and behind the rear seat legs, are the most useful.

Bungies can hold a dog carrier on top of the reclined seat behind the driver anchored to the seat's LATCH. Our dog loves it because she can sit in comfort looking out the windows. Our fabric folding carrier takes 3 minutes to set up or take down, can be stowed under the back of a reclined rear seat.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
I purchased an '05 element. The dealer did not do such a good job cleaning it. Surface wise, it was clean, but they pretty much just "armor all'ed" the entire thing. It's like they were paid by the bottle of Armor All usage. I can't seem to get the slickness off. Any advice for cleaning?

I had the exact same issue - a slick, greasy shiny coating over a dirty interior.

Try Dollar store LA Awsome cleaner, rubbed in one section at a time and cleaned off with a damp clean towel. Be careful on the lighter surfaces . They may have a slipshod 'dye' job covering them.

Once you get the floor and hard interior panels clean, they will have a slight sheen, not a shine, where texture doesn't diffuse it. Anything that increases the sheen will makes the quickly attracted dust look worse and harder to clean away.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Big Dipper Pool Float, 6 inch diameter closed cell foam, 43 inches long. Have them at Amazon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I also use the cheap Harbor Freight furniture pads. Got them on sale for around $5 at one of their tent sales. I have a 27 gallon tote from Home Depot that I use sometimes. Even with the furniture pad down, the tote still wanted to slide around. I put a couple of old car floor mats that I had laying around under the furniture pad and tote. Was a little surprised that it worked, but the tote as not moved around since. Had an experience with a cooler sliding around when I first got the Element.

I have used yoga mats on every car ive ever owned before they were even called yoga mats. A cheap Harbor Freight furniture pad also helps out as much as a towel in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy universe. The rear cargo net is actually a fairly generic part that does its job well. Dont worry about it being a "Honda OEM" cargo net, any one thats the same length will do. Mine came out of a rental car, a Lincoln or an Acura, I dont recall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts