Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a 2005 Element with the skinny factory armrests installed. However, in the back, there was a Honda "ARMREST WITH STORAGE COMPARTMENT P/N 08U89-SCV-180". I thought myself lucky. However, I went out to install it and found that I'm missing the base piece. I've seen this problem mentioned several times on the forum. Since Honda and their dealerships won't sell the base separately from the whole armrest, has anyone come up with a DIY base? I thought I'd ask before going out to the garage to potentially reinvent the wheel.

If anyone has detailed pictures (deconstructed or whole) of the base that comes with the storage armrest and/or could include some measurements for the piece, I'd be glad to share with EOC whatever I come up with.

I've got more time on my hands than money and enjoy this sort of thing, but its easier to replicate something than start from scratch.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Begging request for pictures!

Could I persuade anyone into helping me out by taking some detailed pictures of their storage armrest base and maybe give a few measurements? I'd really like to make my own. Pretty please? /beg

I'd love to document my project on the site with a step by step photographed DIY/How-To. I would like nothing more than to share my results with EOC and the members who might be stuck in the same boat I'm paddling aimlessly around in (storage armrest without a base). :boat:

·
Premium Member
692 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
check H and A for the instructions might have a good picture of the base

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sorry , I just think that the base for the storage armrest , is just to involved for a DIY project , especially with the quick release button for removal and height adjustment . You can purchase them , new, for about $100+ bucks and try to recoup some of that , by selling your armrest to someone who needs to replace theirs .......

Good luck

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i agree. you may figure out a way to make it unmovable but it kind of ruins the whole experience

1 - 7 of 7 Posts