Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone with the driver side armrest had problems with it falling down? I took it back to the dealer and they said that nothing was wrong with it. I guess it might just be the way that it was made because the dealer said that it was made for easy and fast removal. Just wanted to find out if i am the only one with this problem.

· Registered
895 Posts
It sounds like it is not locking into place properly. It should only move down when the lock at the front of the armrest is depressed. Also, make sure that the armrest has been installed correctly so that it does lock in position at the right place. The support may have been rotated by 90 or 180 degrees. The installation instructions can be found at www.handa-accessories.com for you to verify your installation.

· Registered
2003 2WD MT GG, 62K as of Feb 2022, It’s a Fun Box
283 Posts
I had some problems at first with it being wobbly and finally realized that I hadn't actaully engaged the lock when I attached the armrest to the mounting piece. Once I did that the problems went away. I have noticed that it does not seem to lock in the upright position though.

· Registered
9 Posts
hi i installed my armrest the other day and noticed that i can now see the square gold mounting plate pretty clearly after tucking the seat cover behind it per instructions. is this how yours look? thanks

· Registered
2003 2WD MT GG, 62K as of Feb 2022, It’s a Fun Box
283 Posts
jimzigg,

I don't see the mounting plate at all. The fabric is right against the grey plastic mounting plate. You might want to loosen things up and retuck. The fabic ends up between the 2 gold brackets, not between the bracket and the seat frame. Good luck.

· Registered
895 Posts
For the storage armrest, there is a small tab that faces down and forward on the mount for the armrest. Press it in and gently tug the armrest out. It will slide o the direction of th passenger seat.

The instructions for the installation of the armrest can be found at www.handa-accessories.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.