Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a question for anyone/everyone out there.

In my old truck, I used to have a few places to store things, jumper cables, tools, etc.

In the Element, there are a few pockets to store things (they don't hold that much), and with the seat back bungees there is a bit more room, but does anyone have any ideas for how to work storage of things out of sight?

I have been able to pack a few things in the spare tire well, but not much, and I did have a tool kit that fits great under the back seat, and don't try telling me under the front passenger seat, I have the Honda CD changer there.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
wow youa re a senior poster now too cool.. woo hoo!

ok lemme see there are all kinds of neat gadgets you can get out there, including some neat kinda trunk things you can get to store things in, and makes it easier to take out or pop in the vehicle when youneed it.. i will post them when i find them again.

meanwhile i did get the cargo net & organizer, which is easy collasible storage, idea for shopping bags and stuff, but i know you are looking for a more constant storage.. and i have seem some great things.. and i will hunt them down for ya!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought the cargo net because it is so easy and hides nicely behind the rear seats and you can pull it out easy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sharp that is really nice, humm might have to hunt one down myself.. good deal! add a cargo cover and it IS concealed.. great pix and idea!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the cargo net, and the cargo cover, that is good to start.

Sharp, the cargo storage thing is a neat idea, I may have to check that out.

I am starting to carry a storage tote in the back, it seems to work well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SHARP,

Rainy Sunday in Orlando - perfect opportunity to check out your $12+ storage recommendation at Wal-Marts'. Had to hunt one down in the Auto section as they were boxed - not on display. Got home, assembled it and placed it in the cargo area - looks like it will accomodate up to 6 supermarket bags...great replacement for cardboard boxes we had been using to contain groceries. My wife can't wait to go shopping - Thanks for the great suggestion.

Tomorrow, it's Home Depot in search of some skid resistant rubber sheets (i.e. shelf paper ). I plan to cut/place pices to fit the dashboard storage areas...should stop keys, glasses, "stuff" from shifting during turns.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very nice Sharp. That looks like it was meant for the Element. Is it just sitting on the floor or is it connected to the sides as well?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We are using a $12.95 backpack from Wal-Mart in a nice grey that matches the interior real well. It hangs from the retractable clip and is straped to the floor level tie-down. No banging or moving around at all and the kids can still recline the back seats.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sharp: the walmart one came with the velcro floor strips? and holds well, very cool

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Sharp: that does sound really neat, are they kinda flat though, so if you take out the cargo thing the velcro like things don't interfere with anything else?

Take a photo!! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a collapsible 10 gallon cylinder to hold my groceries/odds/ends. If I need the entire floorspace in the back, I just collapse the thing and shove it under one of the seats. Works real well. I got it at Costco for like 12 bucks along with another 33 gallon unit.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
XCElement: 10 gallon cylinder.. ?? can you elaborate, or better yet share pix?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts