Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K...... since it's winter & we keep getting snow storms, I thought it would be fun to track the movement of the storms on here instead of watching the idiots on the news repeat the same 2 statements for an hour & then finding the most ghetto people on the street to interview about the snow fall....

SO......It appears to have snowed pretty heavily last night in the Albany area... and it's moving in my direction here in NJ....

Can some of our "upstaters" check in & give us a heads up & snowfall totals?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
O.K...... ghetto people on the street to interview about the snow fall....

So N.J. Has a snow Ghetto ? Interesting !! :grin:

Dom

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dom, NJ has a ghetto everything......that's why I live out west on 3 acres in the least populated county. :grin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
yea there are alot of ghetto areas in NJ, but also some good ones.

I'm in Brick and we had rain last night, but I know there were some areas with a bit of snow.

Its supposed to rain/snow tonight around 12 and turn full snow around 7am. We'll see, I'll keep my eye out..

This is probably just more weatherman chatter, but I've heard that we have only received about 46% of the snow we should get this year.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In Brick, its been snowing hard and heavy since 8am. Now its not as heavy. Probably have around 3-5 inches so far

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
West Jersey, bout 4 inches of wet heavy snow.

East Jersey near Newark Airport, bout 4" of slush, rain & water.

no matter what else falls tonight, this is gonna be a mess tomorrow....

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
well here in Niskayuna which is outside of Albany we got about 18 in of snow. this was from Tuesday till today.
today well t was only rain. Thank god but depending on where you are in the area it could be more snow

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So far we got about 5" of that wet/heavy snow. Tried to snow blow the driveway after work but didn't get very far. Too much for the small snow blower we got & too heavy to shovel so I'll just wait for my brother to swing by with his plow. :grin: Hopefully we won't get much more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Back in Brick it really hasn't amounted to anything. Little bit of covering. Stilll coming down lightly tho. We'll see what happens in the morning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We have about 4-6 inches here... not much thank god. Not snowing at this moment.

·
Registered
129 Posts
we got about 8 inches of snow, starting to die down around 11am... but there is a second wave of the storm comming to hit us tonight.... so here is the recap..... rain then sleet, then sleet mixed with snow, then snow for the entire night and most of the day.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Highland Lakes, NJ took a big hit with nearly 3 feet of snow and 4-6 foot drifts. I can't see my freakin' mailbox right now and I'm certainly not looking forward to digging out so I can go to work tonight.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So far over a foot really don't want to know the exact number. Spent over 4 hours snow blowing the driveway & walks. Now the sun is out. :x

Larry - Dom & Patty are on there way so dinner is still on. By tomorrow afternoon all the roads should be good but don't take any chances.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We have almost 3 feet :shock: in Monroe, 32 inches to be exact! It's still coming down although they only expect another couple of inches over the next few days.
35 miles south where I work (Nyack) only got about a foot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts