Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few photo in between the storms this morning. We are getting a lot of snow and its great but I have to clean the drive and front where they are burming me in.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Nice pics!

No snow here near the beach but we do have some fantastic surf.

The last three days of this El Nino thing I've driven down Vista Del Mar to the Hyperion water plant and El Porto to see what the ocean's been up to.
Big Surf!

Yesterday and the day before it was fierce! - curning, pounding and all broken up.
But today it got better.

Huge - I mean huge swells forming about a half mile off shore on calmer waters.
It's still raining but not windy (yet) and the waves appear to be cresting at around 20 ft, in ten second intervals with incredible, long, perfectly formed tubes.

This is video shot last month at El Porto - these waves are about half as large as they are today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR1OqIwkRC8

Amazing surf at the beach and big snow on the slopes all within a two hour drive of one another...
only in California!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JEEZ! And they say we never get tornados in So cal. It started to snow hard again and the canopy over a friends car collapsed taking out their windshield. Had to go over and get the car out and tear down the rest of it. Here are a couple more from about an hour ago. THe power is out inthe whole valley also. Thankfully I have a big UPS.:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is some photos from tonight. My little tree is bent over to my neighbors house and looks like its from Whoville.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
On June 8, 1966 a tornado struck Topeka, Kansas. You can read about it here.

Since that time houses without basements don't sell too well.:)

People still buy mobile homes however.:shock:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh you mean Tornado Magnets.:grin: They need to setup decoy mobil home parks for the tornadoes:)...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No you don't. Can't even get around. doggie had a blast running around.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im driving up to mammoth on Thursday...im sooo looking forward to taking on some of that powder! sad to see some of the destruction though =(

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They got hit worse then we have and this morning looks a lot better as there are no clouds. Have to go to my Moms and hook a generator up as she will not have power for a couple days. Its damn cold out right now..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was the best Honda for the week and it did awesome. The power keeps going out but a lot less.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a couple photos a few weeks after and still a lot of snow..

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
must be at least a foot of snow, can't even see the end of the street...nice, wish i was up there and the kids can play...:grin:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Hey Dude Brian!!!!

I envy you for the winter-wonder-world!!!! I know it has its draw backs and occasional inconveniences. But as a whole, it sure looks picturesque. Are there any cabins for sale in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are a lot of cabins up here for sale right now and its a great time to buy one. I am getting tired of the white sh.. as of right now and we had about 6 more inches today. Go on to big bear grizzly and there is a lot of house sales on there to look at or big bear reality.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Seal Beach this morning from the pier looking South...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
kinda have to wonder where that guy is walking to, or from.
<grin>

we had some pretty large waves down here also. they closed the OB pier and the Mission Bay channel, due to high surf from the earthquake in Chile, i guess.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When they built the berm do you think they forgot about the drainage issue?:roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts