Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a used 2005 EX-AWD. I've found that I can plug my iPod into the AUX jack and it plays fine however when I switch to FM then try to switch back to AUX the button does nothing. The only way to get the iPod to play again is to unplug the connection and plug in again. It seems like the AUX. button does nothing? Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
So, if your radio is on FM, and you plug in your ipod to the AUX jack, what happens?

If your radio is on AUX with your ipod plugged in, and you unplug it, what happens?

Have you tried putting a CD in and seeing if it plays, and what happens when you hit the CD/AUX button with a CD in it??

AFAIK, there is no auto sense for the AUX input. You have to manually select it with the CD/AUX button. Yours sounds broken. I rarely use mine, so I dont know
how it works off the top of my head. Plus I have an 08, so the radio is different.
Im sure someone else will chime in, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems as though mine does have some sort of automatic trigger... If im listening to FM radio then plug into AUX it automatically starts play my iPod. If I then switch to FM and try to switch back to AUX nothing happens. I have to unplug and reconnect the iPod for it to play again? CD functions normally.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Well you learn something new everyday! I just tried my AUX jack, and here is
how it worked for me. Turn on radio, put it on FM. Plug in the jack into the AUX
jack and radio auto switched to the AUX input. I played my iPod and then pulled
the jack out, and the radio went back to FM. I plugged the jack into the AUX
again, and it went from FM to AUX. I put a CD in, and let it play. Plugged in the
iPod into the AUX jack and it switched the AUX. Pulled the iPod out of the AUX
jack and the radio went back to CD. I plugged in the iPod once again. Radio went
to AUX. I hit the FM button and it went to FM. Hit the CD button and it went to
AUX. Hit the CD button again and it went to CD. Hit the FM again, and it went
to FM. Hit the CD button again and it went to AUX. Unplugged the iPod and it
went back to FM. I would say that this 100% how it should work.

Not sure if its your radio or your AUX jack. Here is a thread on someone replacing
their AUX jack.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71252

You can also keep an eye on the Trading Post. People will install and aftermarket
radio in their E, and sell the OEM one. Just make sure its from an EX and from
03 - 06. I know the 07+ are different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts