Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:twisted:Ok so this has only happened once and it was over the summer but never got a good anwser as to why it happened.
At our EOC Tahoe trip in August four of us were doing a little driving on fire roads. At one loose fairly steep uphill section I had to stop while the E in front picked a better line. As I started out again the wheels spun for a second then the power seemed to die and it stalled. Hmmm pretty strange I thought. Started the car let out the clutch giving it some gas and after 5 seconds same thing happened. Eventually I made it up, but very strange.
It felt like some sort of traction control or something else was keeping the engine from reving?
My E is an 03' MT (awd) with Grabber AT2's pretty aggressive and a 2.5 inch lift.

Swapped out plugs (60k on them, but looked fine) and cleaned the K&N filter on the cold air intake(also looked fine). Never got a check engine light or anything else. Anyone have an idea why this happened.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Several things can be the cause of that kind of thing. In view of the fact that you got no malfunction lights, I would guess, that it may have been dirt/water.

Off road conditions often stir up dirt/water in the tank. It may have clogged a filter or blocked the fuel pickup or in the case of water passed through the engine. It's not all that infrequent in off road conditions. The boys in the off road clubs often carry a new filter with them when off road, specifically for that reason.

Because it has not reoccurred, is also evidence that it is fuel system related. If it were an Electrical failure, whatever caused it would have gone bad, and failed by now.

Dom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts