Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been raining in so cal and this morning when I left for work it wasn't raining and my floors were dry. 20 minutes later when I got to work I noticed that there was a large amount of water under each of my front floor mats (driver & passenger). I don't know where the leak is coming from. Does anyone have any idea where the water could be coming from? Could it be a busted water pump or could the water be storing in my door and leaking into my cab? Is it possible that the water could be splashing up from underneath and somehow entering my cab? The pools of water definitely worry me since it is still raining outside and I have to drive later. I really do not know where all that water could be coming from, especially so quickly.

Any input would help.

ExOxM

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no replies?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find anything on how to clear my condenser drain...can anyone link me?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my Volkswagen GTI. Popped the hood, pulled back the cover over the sill just under the windshield where rain water would drain out and found my drain plugs were filled with pine/fir needles. Cleaned em' out and never had that problem again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
most likely it's an evap drain issue. there's a tube that goes from your evap core to under the car. it drains excess moisture created by the a/c.

look for a black rubber tube under the car near where the passenger side of the dash is. blow some compressed air up there and move out of the way, because you're going to get pissed on by some stagnant water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ElementXofXMusic did you ever solve this problem. I have the same thing, and I thought it was my windshield. There was rust all around the welds where the windshield mounts, so I also had that fixed. Now I'm seeing water again, but not as much. I'm going to check the drain tonight, so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never did figure it out. It never happened again. I am sure someone on here has found a remedy though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your spare tire well and see if it's filled with water from a leak in the back. If it is, when you brake the water sloshes forward and gets the floor mats wet. I'm struggling with this in my '06 and am having a hard time getting the leak to seal -- it looks like the water's getting through the seal where the third brake light wire comes through the metal.

I had the same leak problem on my '07 Mazda 3, and it turned out to be the hatch seal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts