Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

While I have been getting strange looks for years, now my Element is getting them. I have had people stop me on the street, as well as other cars at lights, asking me what I am driving, and how much was it, you know how it goes.

A few nights ago, my wife was at a light, Dodge Durango on one side, and a Chevy pickup on the other started giving her strange looks, the light went green, and they all drove to the next light. Both other cars opened their windows and asked her questions till the next light went green. :D

Tonite, it was the best. My wife and I were driving to a meeting, when we went past a Nissan dealer. There were 3 guys who worked for the dealership getting a Pathfinder ready (taking off the sticker, washing it, checking it out), all in uniform. When we stopped at the light, one commented to the others, "WOW, that is the new Honda. It looks super." Then they motioned to roll down the window. We did. They could not stop talking about it, and how great it looked. Then one commented "Gee, that is so much better than the Pathfinder". My wife and I were laughing so hard as we drove away. :lol:

So, does anyone else what to share a story about people stopping them in their Element?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't have a story yet. Just sittin' here waitin' for my ride to get done off the assembly line. But when I do get it I'll gladly share any stories I 'll have....Butch

·
Registered
19 Posts
:oops: I was getting into my new Element with some of the guys that I work with one day last week. We had just finished having lunch. When we got to my Element there were several people looking it over. When I opened the the doors on the passenger side, one of the onlookers asked me if I was the owner. I replied that I was. Then he asked me how I liked it so far? Then he said that I didn't fit the demografics that Honda was shooting for with the Element. I told him that I was really only 22 years old, but had led a veeeeerrry hard life, making me appear 58 !!!!! It got a good laugh from everyone as we went on our way. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
El'Tom that is a cool way to answer such a question, way to go!!! :wink:

Now as far as Delaware, well this is a special state.. people here are in a constant state of being freaked out.. don't look directly at them, and dare not talk to them.. Now if you dared to roll down a window to talk they would shoot through the red light (car in front of them or not) to escape you. So this is not a problem I have here (being approached) if I wanna talk about it, I have to corner THEM! Very, very paranoid state.

Now if I cross over to NJ, MD, or PA people would be crawling over others to ask questions, sooo much more friendly and open.. very nice.. boy do i dislike DE!

The most I get are the people who are looking, and then if you notice they try to act "natural" i love it. Though one woman was rather funny, she was in a van next to me in traffic, she was leaning over her steering wheel looking at my Element, with a very confused look on her face, priceless! I have popped in a shopping center, and you see people get the Medusa affect, they stand like stone staring at it, but will not say a peep, will not approach, and God forbid if I tried to say something.. instand jack-rabbit!.. sighs... Not like I like attention, but is just so sad!

So till I visit all my friends in PA, I will just enjoy your tales..

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote:ed49d81853="Elemental Tom"]:oops: I was getting into my new Element with some of the guys that I work with one day last week. We had just finished having lunch. When we got to my Element there were several people looking it over. When I opened the the doors on the passenger side, one of the onlookers asked me if I was the owner. I replied that I was. Then he asked me how I liked it so far? Then he said that I didn't fit the demografics that Honda was shooting for with the Element. I told him that I was really only 22 years old, but had led a veeeeerrry hard life, making me appear 58 !!!!! It got a good laugh from everyone as we went on our way. :twisted:[/quote:ed49d81853]hahahaha great story..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased the 2nd one that our dealer got in. Everywhere I go people look at this rig and smile or wave. There is nothing quite like it and it is kind of neat to have the only one one on the road that I've seen. From the looks and attention it gets, I bet that people sure like it. When I drive home on the freeway all the passengers of other cars look back to see the front view of the Element.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That is so fun.. peoples responses to this wonderful vehicle!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got pulled over by LAPD so the cop could look at my car! Do you have any idea how nerve racking it is to be sitting in a parking lot with cops crawling through your car?! This was the first Element the cop had seen.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
DarkwingD: That had to been freaky..

humm ok everybody..

stop by your local Police Barracks and have them crawl through your Element sooo you don't experience the same thing!!!

:D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking as a lawyer, with only the glove box being locking, there is no place in the Element that the police would be prohibited from looking if they do stop you. Just a word of caution to anyone out there that might be thinking about transporting something they should not be.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
lets hope none of the people smart enough to get an Element would fall to the level of having illegal items in this cool vehicle.. right all?

Thank you for the legal coverage RML, grin!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know.......the Element is being marketed to the Y Generation. A notoriously pro-vice generation of slackers, and jobless PS2 addicts. You'd think Honda would have incorporated a "secret stash" compartment! Just because it is us, the far more reliable, and trustworthy generation X that are buying them, doesn't mean we should be bias to the target groups activities. I say carry what you will, so your fines for conviction can keep my roads freshly paved! LOL :-D

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
keymonkey: you are priceless.. I have no voice so I had to gasp a laugh out load!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is nice having a new car that not everyone has seen yet.

My wife was off at an apointment yesterday when this guy pulled over next to her after she parked, and got out. My wife was not sure what to make of it when this guy walked over to the car and asked her to lower her window. When she did, he said he had never seen one in person, but really wanted to buy one. He checked out the car, thanked her and asked what dealership it was and who the salesman was.

My wife and I were meeting friends in Manhattan last night. Driving on the highway, as we passed a few guys working on a sign board, they stopped pointed and started shouting to us. We were on the LIE, so we really could not stop, but it was funny.

We parked at a parking garage and went to dinner. When we came out, and went to get our Element, the guys from the garage were all looking at the car, and started asking me questions about it, they had to open the doors, they had to check out the floor, the seats. I spend 20mins talking to them about it.

I don't know if we spend more time talking about the Element, or driving it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
RML: feel like charging admission eh? You should get some kickbacks from everyone who buys, eh.. you deserve some commsion for all your work, grin!

Guess you need to allow an extra hour for anywhere you wanna go for all those stopping and talking to ya huh?

See this is the thing, people are sooo much more friendly in PA, NY and so on.. oh well, stuck in DE for now. :cry:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You may think people are friendlier in PA, but maybe not smarter! I live in PA and have been stopped twice only to be told my E looks like the car from the Munsters!!! Hell, now I feel like Herman! (everyone else wants to see the back doors open :shock: )

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
OK I will be cousin' It!

OK so you are in Philly eh? Now that is sad they think this looks like the munster mobile.. yeah they missed that by a mile.. sheesh that is just silly.. Now I do think the IQ is higher than in DE, soooo you can image that eh?

·
Registered
43 Posts
As I was getting into the car to go to work a twelve year old boy came over and told me the car was cool. I guess that's good. :roll:

Jim R

1 - 20 of 36 Posts