Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I thought my girlfriends kids were going to bounce out of their skins when they saw my Element.. they are 8 and 11.. so this vehicle sure has some serious interest eh?

Their Opinion COOL!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We were driving last night out to an apointment on Long Island. As we were driving on the Expressway, the car next to us started beeping, and pointing at us. I thought things were wrong, so we pulled off at the next exit. (Being a NYer, I was always worried this was some scam). The guy pulled off with us. He got out of his car and came rushing over. He started asking what this was, where did we get it, how much was it, etc. He had never seen one, and just had to get one. :)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
that is a bit extreme.. what a nut.. I am glad you are safe RML!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The attention my E gets has been great at parking lots and gas stations, but having so much attention can go to your head. Last weekend we took the family (wife and 2 kids, no dogs) to the smokey mountains where we had lots of attention everywhere. On a trip over the mountain to Cherokee NC I stopped at an overlook to get a good pic of the E and another fellow came walking over, so I began to open up the car in anticipation of the usual questions. He had a big smile on his face and then asked me if I would take a picture of he and his wife. Didn't care about the car. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
gasp he did not care about the Element, did you push him down the side of the mountain for such blasphemy???

Sheesh no Element worship on that trip.. what is the world coming to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got one for ya! last night I was in the parking lot of a Target and the guy who was collecting the shopping carts parked a whole row of them right behind my E just as I was about to pull out! Before I could say anything, he came right up to my window and asked me what kind of car I was driving. Of course, he wanted the whole low down and I had to get out and show him all the cool features and the dash and all. I felt like I should get a job at my local Honda dealership! This guy was amazed and he told me he intentionally parked the carts behind me so he could check out the car without me pulling away! The audacity of some people! I love it!! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
hummm the Elemental Stalkers.. new celebrity horror story huh?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was on my way home the other night and stopped into a gas station. It wasn't to busy there and all I wanted was a Coke. When I came back out to the car, it had been surrounded by 4 other trucks and several onlookers. It took about an hour just to get out of there because of the questions and as I was leaving people were still coming up to the Element. I bought it for function and the space, but I had know idea it was going to popular. 8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
We don't have ours yet, but we did a test drive yesterday and it was so funny to watch people pull past you and then adjust their rear view mirrors just so they can keep looking at you while thinking that they're being inconspicuous!! Too funny...

As for it being a Munsters-Mobile and as a HUGE fan of Six Feet Under, I laughed out loud when I got in and thought, "Oh my god, I'm driving a Herman Munster's Hearse!"" It was just really funny to me! Two of my favorite shows in one vehicle!

DougUp

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about a (gasp) - Baby Boomer!

One guy said it was the ugliest car he ever saw. (I still think the Azteck deserves that high praise, although I've seen some very ugly porsches.

I just tell the uneducated that it is kinda cute, kinda not, so it's

Pretty Ugly.

And I love it!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Today in traffic, a guy in a huge Ford pickup told me I should have a bumper sticker that reads: "when I grow up, I want to be a Hummer

We got a laugh out of that :lol:
People are still surprised when they see this car!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I find that no matter how 'ugly' people think it is, they ALL want to check it out and take a tour of the inside. Then once they see it, they think its cool.
Who cares what they think? Maybe if they find it ugly outside it will be a theft deterrent!!

:?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i think it is simply precious, cool and incredible.. I LOVE MY E!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
While driving my mom around in the new E (she lives about 50 miles away in a northern Los Angeles suburb) we were in Glendale going to my birthday lunch. Now most people don't look twice at unusual cars in LA, but this one Middle-Eastern gentleman in a raggedy looking Explorer waves at me and motions to roll down the window. He then says, "Congratulations on your new car........how much you pay for it?" in his broken English. Well this seemed kind of crass to be asking this and not even acknowledge that he knew what kind of car it was, or even ask!! I just rolled up the window and drove on. Am I getting SNOOTY because I own an Element?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts