Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I do not disagree with Lizzurd.

I did not use one when I did mine. I had no issues. All I did was take an impact and loosen the bolt, then used the impact for the last couple of threads and the strut shot forward while I had my foot an the spring. It worked for me but it may not be the safest. Throw a blanket on top of the whole thing and it should not take off too far (not that it did to begin with). Use your best judgment.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts

I did not use one when I did mine. I had no issues. All I did was take an impact and loosen the bolt, then used the impact for the last couple of threads and the strut shot forward while I had my foot an the spring. It worked for me but it may not be the safest. Throw a blanket on top of the whole thing and it should not take off too far (not that it did to begin with). Use your best judgment.
:?
But how did you get it back together?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I had help...

...a spring compressor. No just kidding.

Good question. I changed the struts. So, I did not need one. Never thought about putting stock back on. DUH. That explains why I did not need one. That is why I did not disagree with Lizzurd. He knows more than me.

Good thing that you can rent them from some auto parts stores or get a cheap set from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

wow, this was NOT smart, you're lucky the E has pretty soft springs. . .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.