Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to do the economical subwoofer option but then i thought, if it's easy enough, why not just put in a newer sub as well. and then i found some new speakers that would fit, so now what started as a simple amp install, is a whole system overhaul. i found 2 subs, and now have 2 questions

1. Which 6.5 aftermarket sub is the best for the stock spot
2. How big and what kind of amp is the best for this kind of thing

1. The two subs i'm look at are the Kicker Comp vt and the JL audio 6W3v3 . both are 6.5 in subs so i know they would fit. they are about 30 bucks apart in price so that's not an issue. I'm thinking i would need to mod the box like this but my question is would the JL audio be too big, or would the box not accommodate the volume needed? Is there anyone smarter that can help me out?

2. What kind of amp should i use to power this whole thing? originally i was just going to use a cheap 4 channel amp, 2 for the sub , and 2 for the front componet system, then use the stock amp for the back. But now i know i'll need something bigger and better for this new system. I'd like to still install only one amp (anyone got a good idea for the hiding spot besides behind the drivers seat?) and use it to power the front system (sub and Componets) and use the stock to do the back. Amp recommendations? or location ideas?

Thanks for your wisdom!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Either of those subs should fit with no problem. They are both very well made speakers, and it will probably come down to personal preference. I'm sure they both sound good and a huge improvement over stock.

I myself had an Elemental Designs 7" sub in there and blew it recently. I just bought a new JL Audio 8W0 and I'm gonna put that in there (with a little modification) soon.

If you only want to install one amp, you can do like I did and install a 5-channel amp to run all four door speakers plus the sub. I put mine under the passenger seat here: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45816
There's also a guy in that thread that installed a JL 6W3v3 sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts