Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have been thinking of a way to get the sub box in the back of my car gone so i can hold more stuff. and i also keep the spare tire. so i though about putting the subs up high. i would like to put two 8" subs where the 2 black circles are in the picture below.

is this possible with a custom build? will it sound ok?

thanks in advance, Garrett

·
Registered
557 Posts
IT would sound fine, as long as the boxes were tuned to accept the 8" subs appropriately and were sealed, (or ported) depending, the only problem I see, is that the most obvious build would be to take each pillar piece and fiberglass a ring to it at the apropriate spacing, then mount each sub to it. The problem I see with that is it may be heavy and cause the clips to come out and they would just fall over, but I'm not sure on the Element, it may be held in with screws. To solve, I would make a box in an arch shape, so that it has a piece inbetween each pillar with the boxes in the corners you mentioned. I think it would actually be rather cool.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT would sound fine, as long as the boxes were tuned to accept the 8" subs appropriately and were sealed, (or ported) depending, the only problem I see, is that the most obvious build would be to take each pillar piece and fiberglass a ring to it at the apropriate spacing, then mount each sub to it. The problem I see with that is it may be heavy and cause the clips to come out and they would just fall over, but I'm not sure on the Element, it may be held in with screws. To solve, I would make a box in an arch shape, so that it has a piece inbetween each pillar with the boxes in the corners you mentioned. I think it would actually be rather cool.
that is exactly what i had planned to do. I would use the arc design that you are talking about and for added support use the child seat anchors to keep the steady. the subs i am thinking of getting only need 0.35 cubic ft. so it wouldnt need to be huge. thanks for the reply. any more feed back?

·
1,049 Posts

Looks like you want something similar to the pods I have in the back of my E.

Btw, they swivel around to face forward when the E is not opened up for a show.

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
One thing I've been considering is making some pods for rear speakers (I don't see why you couldn't do it with subs) similar to BigTz's, except you come up with a way to clip them to the little red car seat mounts on the roof by the hatch.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Looks like you want something similar to the pods I have in the back of my E.

Btw, they swivel around to face forward when the E is not opened up for a show.

the pods would be ok but i wanted something that looked more like it was part of the car but pods might be good cause they swivel do you have any more info on the pods can you email me some closer up pictures?

thanks Garrett
email on my profile

1 - 6 of 6 Posts