Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know if anyone has attempted to replace the factory "sub" with an aftermarket item? I ordered in new front and rear speakers (thank you element j.), and I am thinking about the tweeters and subs. Anyone have an idea on size?
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
From hondanews.com specs

Audio System
The high-output audio system in the EX trim level delivers dynamic, rich, loud sound and features: AM/FM tuner, CD player, auxiliary audio input for MP3 or digital devices, seven speakers including one Dynamic Linear Phase (DLP) 6.5-inch subwoofer located in the bottom center of the instrument panel, all powered by a 270-Watt amplifier. The DLP technology allows the 6.5-inch subwoofer to produce sound similar to a 10-inch subwoofer. Subwoofer response can be adjusted. For comparisons sake, the bass is eight-times louder than a Civic EX coupe audio system (which does not have subwoofer).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I removed the subwoofer, and the 6.5" sub is definitely a DVC (dual voice coil). Also, amazingly, the sub has rubber surrounds. I was afraid that the common foam surround on OEM speakers will rot away very quickly, but now I am content to keep the OEM sub....or until I want more bass and then I will switch it out for a JL Audio 6W0. The JL would fit right in the enclosure and would probably provide more bass, but since they do not come in DVC models, you would have to install a separate amplifier to give it juice.

George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts