Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went in today to pick up my custom made subwoofer box and the guy who made the box told me that I needed a new amplifier to go with my subwoofer or my Amplifier will blow my subwoofer in a week. I didn't buy the amplifier from them so I'm not sure if they were trying to get me to drop another $300 or if they were serious.

The Subwoofer is an 8" MA Audio HK80XC
The Amplifier is an Audiobahn A8000T

I know audiobahn is out of business but its an amplifier I've had for a while and he said some of the audiobahn amplifiers can't handle a dual voice coil or something? He answered kind of fast with a "no it won't work" after I told him what I had which is why I'm a little bit skeptical. If my amplifier won't work any suggestions would be great!

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
it isnt the greatest amp but it is stable at 2 ohms and should power the sub decently. you always have to look out for underpowering a sub just like over powering one but you should be fine if they wired it up right as far as paralleling the voice coils of the sub to the amp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome! thanks for the help! They did wire it for 2 ohm so I should be ok then!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Audiobahn made tons of Dual Coil woofers, in fact, those are the only ones I remember, so I'm sure the 2ohm is just fine...? I mean, why make subs that your own amps can't power? They were trying to get you to dump another $300. Make sure they didn't hook it up with the wrong impedence, so that it would blow and you would be back to go "Oh my, you were right" when it was a setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts