Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried looking for the harness online here.
does anyone have a break down of what color of the subwoofer harness does what? i am looking to hook up a aftermarket amp to my factory HU

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what im looking for is the (i believe) remote, to turn the sub on and off. as well as the input for it

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x2
can someone highlight the cable on the diagram for the remote? and inputs. for the subwoofer?

thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its a dual voice coil sub so it will have 4 wires going to it. and i only see a positive and negative going to the amp from the radio. would it be the remote and remote round??? i always knew of the remote for the amp is a single wire
please just give me a hand here, i appreciate it

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you dont want to use those. you want to use the 4 wires going out from the amp to the sub (sub1+, sub1-, etc) hook those to a line output converter and you are good to go.but dont get a cheap one, it probably wont handle the power, get a PAC or Axxess or Scosche one.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The remote turn on is Yellow/Green on the main harness of the radio. The black subwoofer harness on the radio: Red/Blue is +, Red/White is -
The factory radio puts out a balanced signal, so unless your amp can handle balanced input, you will need an adapter, or you stand a chance of burning up the amp's inputs.
More info here http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56823

1 - 11 of 11 Posts