Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im looking for a sub that doesnt get in the way of moving my seats around or taking up my cargo space. Anyone know of one like this?

·
Registered
877 Posts
A lot of that will depend more on the install rather than strictly the sub. A great aftermarket enclosure that doesn't have to be custom made is the JL Stealthbox. How much are you willing to spend? Are you planning on building the box yourself?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You have several options. A shallow mount sub will require only a shallow box. That means it won't take up a lot of space and you can use quick disconnect plugs on the speaker wire so if you need to take your sub box out its really quick and easy. You can do an under the seat sub which one again will be shallow. These two subs will only give you marginal bass since they are shallow.

There are powered subs which have the amp built into them (like bazooka tubes and some other ones you can find on crutchfield.com, which once again, wont take up a lot of space since you don't need a separate amp and you can do the quick disconnect trick as well on the speaker wire.

another option as stated above is the JLAudio stealth box which goes up front and replaces the stock subwoofer (around $500 I last saw).

You can always mount your amp on the back side wall storage bins so it does not interfere as much with the seats and it is not on the floor (I am thinking of moving mine there).

·
Registered
194 Posts
I personally don't like the shallow mount subs...seen plenty blow out (i'm an installer at an audio shop) Having a non sc model allows for the use of the JL stealth box which is a great setup, but for an SC owner like myself I have few options. For now I have a huge box in the trunk for my two 12" subs, but eventually I plan on doing something like this: I don't know who did the work, but I like the set up. Only thing I'd do different is not block the cargo cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I personally don't like the shallow mount subs...seen plenty blow out (i'm an installer at an audio shop) Having a non sc model allows for the use of the JL stealth box which is a great setup, but for an SC owner like myself I have few options. For now I have a huge box in the trunk for my two 12" subs, but eventually I plan on doing something like this: I don't know who did the work, but I like the set up. Only thing I'd do different is not block the cargo cover.
that is JoeyK. actually know him from another forum we are both on. he does really nice work. check out his other posts for more cool stuff.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3619732

1 - 5 of 5 Posts