Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have exchanged the standard chassis against the kicker Comp RT 672, insulated and sealed.

Kicker Comp RT 672
16,5 cm (6.5“) SIZE
300/150 watts MAX/RMS
1 or 2 ohms DVC IMPEDANCE
Fs 55,6 Hz, Qts 0,578, VAS 4,29 L
SPL 82,57 dB 1w/1m, 30-500 Hz

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next with Gladen Aero-Multi .....

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You must drill new holes (5mm) for the speaker. You can see it in the third picture (#1 both Subwooferparts open).
The new wiring is like the old, but thicker (2,5mm²). The Kicker has Dual-Voice-Coil too.
The allen screws are M5 x 25mm , the nuts are with securing.

I try it with the series amp but I have the connector from harness too. So I can later simply change the amp.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It kicks more, but has a little less pressure.
It sounds a bit deeper, less distorted at high volume.
But there is no WOW effect.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Since you linked this on my thread, I figured I should comment. Your subs performance is being very restricted because that enclosure is too small for it. Box specs are vital to subwoofer performance yet commonly ignored. The sub specs may state "sealed box volume: .18 - .75 cu. ft." but the stock ported enclosure is barely at its low end at .18-.20 cu. ft and one should always in the middle of that range. That sub would be optimal in a .42 cu. ft. sealed box. This all should explain the lack of "wow effect".

Consider cutting out the port channel wall inside the enclosure to free up a better response since you sealed up the port. Otherwise, its only restricting sound wave motion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is difficult to find a subwoofer, which works in such a small case at all. The kicker seemed to be the right loudspeaker. The kicker should (according to the specification) only in enclosed casings be installed, therefore I have the housing with an air cushion closed. I wanted everything to be as good as "standard". It is very difficult here to get spare parts for the Element.

The amplifier is also series ....

Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replaced mine with a

Pyle PLPW6D 6.0-6.5 Inch "600" (not even close) Watt Dual coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer
Also used cushion filler stuff and gave it a 2 inch airhole toward the the front. Above the part that says Honda. Im not an Audiophile in the least.
Tried the original VS this 10$ replacement on amazon and the diff was VERY noticeable, To me and others.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Replaced mine with a

Pyle PLPW6D 6.0-6.5 Inch "600" (not even close) Watt Dual coil 4 Ohm Subwoofer
Also used cushion filler stuff and gave it a 2 inch airhole toward the the front. Above the part that says Honda. Im not an Audiophile in the least.
Tried the original VS this 10$ replacement on amazon and the diff was VERY noticeable, To me and others.
In which way? Worse or better than OEM for you?

I dropped it in a while back and was very underwhelmed, put the OEM back in and kept the Pyle for if/when the OEM dies, so I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Man. I think that PYLE speaker is sitting in my tool box. I couldn't get it to sound decent at all. I didn't do any of the extra stuff you did with stuffing or the port hole. It makes me wonder if I hooked up one of the voice coils backwards. I swapped the factory sub right back in after about an hour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you installed the Kicker replacement did you notice any distortion at lower volumes? I installed the same sub and I hear it at lower levels. When I turn it up I don't but I assume it's getting drowned out. Wondering if that's normal or I should exchange the sub? Someone suggested I wasn't getting enough power from the stock amp or that the sub is trying to play higher frequencies due to the stock crossover.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I changed the Radio first because the old Radio is not so good. So i can't say how the old radio plays with the Kicker Subwoofer. But I left the settings on the new Radio the same so that I could compare the old and new Subwoofer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I changed the Radio first because the old Radio is not so good. So i can't say how the old radio plays with the Kicker Subwoofer. But I left the settings on the new Radio the same so that I could compare the old and new Subwoofer.
Hi! Are you using the Honda stock amplifier with the Kicker subwoofer?
If using another amp, which one? Power?

PS: Thanks for keeping it up on an almost 3 year old thread!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I´m useing the Kicker subwoofer with the stock Amp. I have an additional (12", closed, 32Liter) subwoofer in the back and runs with a separate Rockwood amp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For a little bit more Sound and easy to remove:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts