Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my older bro took our time to research retrofitting my 05 element. We used Stanley's newest Bixenon projectors that came off of a 2007 Porsche and Bentley Continental GT(or at least that's what the guy that we bought it from told us. these projectors are too new and we weren't able to find any info on them, but damn they still look good). Took us a great deal of time but the outcome was well worth it. We were able to keep the HIDs on when the highbeam is triggered with a diode(1N4001) and trigger the shield of the bixenon.

here is the wiring diagram that we made in according to our setup. we just took a diagram from another forum and redrew the wires.

and here is our finishing product...

Lowbeam

Highbeam

MORE PIX OF MY ELEMENT HERE
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=435400#post435400

·
Registered
420 Posts
bravo!~!~ Martin, you indeed are the first to successfully have done the bixenon.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wangofree said:
Very sharp mod fellas. What's the bulb life on these bad boys?
they're pretty much made to last the lifetime of the car. under normal operations that is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
That looks great. My only concern is that they look like they are aimed way too high. I realize that the E is very close to the garage door, but light should be hitting the ground and the cutoff should not be higher than the headlight center (It actually looks like it has an upper and lower cutoff, which is odd). Maybe it's the way the pic was taken, but the cutoff looks higher than the hood.

Again, great work, these are just observations.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cut off line

Jake_62 said:
That looks great. My only concern is that they look like they are aimed way too high. I realize that the E is very close to the garage door, but light should be hitting the ground and the cutoff should not be higher than the headlight center (It actually looks like it has an upper and lower cutoff, which is odd). Maybe it's the way the pic was taken, but the cutoff looks higher than the hood.

Again, great work, these are just observations.
yes, the cut off line was too high. that picture was taken right after installing them. but it has been readjusted. (it was aiming up in the trees. i could see the squirels :D )

by the way, good observation =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.