Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am preety new around here and I have a couple of questions.
I have looked around and I feel as if I haven't found a suggested list of good high-quality performance materials for maintenance. (maybe I missed it)
I am coming up on 80,000 miles on my 05' AWD AT. I know I need to do the Rear differential fluid and an oil change (synthetic) but I was wondering if one of you guys who works for a dealer could advise me as far as what I should purchase for fluids that would be most beneficial for my car. I don't mind if it is high performance fluid or not, I would even prefer if it is.
thanks so much!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Safest route is to use Honda fluid from the dealer with the exception of oil. Oil just has to be 5w20. Some people claim their favorite synthetic works in their transmission but, Honda won't recommend anything but their stuff.

A search on each maintenance item would reveal all sorts of opinions on which fluids people think are best.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,823 Posts
I don't think that there's anything special about Honda fluids, but apparently Honda does.

Except for oil and washer fluid, Honda's procedures call for repeated system (non pressure) flushes if any other fluids have been added to or replaced the OEM fluids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts