Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it!

If front and back passengers both get out at once you end up trapped together by the car next to you, unable to shut the doors without getting REALLY friendly with your passenger. Or do you just do the front passenger gets out and leaves the door open then the back opens and gets out closing both...

Is there some obvious trick that I'm missing here?

·
Registered
155 Posts
When not familiar with this particular way of getting to know people, in the days when my Element was young, we were forever finding ourselves boxed in by the doors in parking lots. It would have made a good candic camera scene. We've not mastered the art and are back to not so closely familiarising ourselves with each other. Both front and rear doors are opened. The rear passenger gets out, steps forward and closes the rear door, and steps towards the back of the car. The front passenger gets out and closes the front door. Easier to say than do without a tiny bit of practice. Just pick people you like to practice with!

·
Registered
176 Posts
it's alot better when the rear passenger on your side is your girlfriend (or boyfriend, or just someone you're comfortable being physically close to). both doors open, rear and front passenger get out, rear passenger snuggles up, shuts rear door, both driver and passenger stay snuggled and move towards the rear of the car to shut the front door. voila!

romanticism meets utility. i'm a utilitarianistic romantic. :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[sometime in the future after I get my hands on my element, to be named "Carbert"]

Scott: (Holding driver side rear door for date) Here you go...
Date: Umm, why do I have to sit behind you on the same side?
Scott: (looks innocent) no reason, no reason...

:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sure fire method.

1. Have the rear seat passengers un-buckle.
2. Open the hatch and tailgate.
3. Pull the seat back release rapidly.
4. Rear seat passengers roll out the back.

Added perk, nobody rides in the back more than once.

Hope this helps.

(Still have not found a good way, other than to park away from other cars)

Jim R.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In tight spots, we've actually foregone using the rear door. Instead:

(1) Front passenger opens door, gets out, tips the Passenger seat forward
(2) Passenger then walks past the rear door
(3) One or both rear seat passengers exit through passenger door

It is really not very uncomfortable due to the fact that the passenger seat slides so far forward when the seatback is tipped forward and the cabin is so open.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yup, thats in the owners manual. Move the passenger seat forward. Its like owning a coupe. Another secret to owning the E. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts