Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem and reported it to the dealer as well. They contacted Honda and the best they could tell was that the door seals needed to break in a bit and it would go away. I did notice a fair amount of "New Car Goo" around all the seals and the door to car sealing surfaces that I cleaned up to a mirror finish. The squeaking stopped when I did this. Maybe it was a combination of the two, I don't know. But it did go away.

Cheers!

· Registered
13 Posts
I guess what I meant by NCG was you know how when you wash your car and do not wipe out the hambs and sills on the inside, you get stuff in there. And, when new, you get that cosmolene (spell???) stuff that they use to protect the paint and it dripped onto the inside surfaces of the jambs, etc. I washed, cleaned and then waxed all of those surfaces and then Back to Black the rubber and no more squeeks. Don't know if this is the best way but it did work for me.

· Registered
13 Posts
From what my dealership said is that the side doors have no adjustments and that's why Honda said it had to be the seals. But, they did admit that this is new to them as well so they are watching it closely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.