Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I haven't posted since last May. Just wanted to share my wonderful experience I had with my Element last summer. I'm a teacher and had the summer off... and decided to go on a trek across the country for 2 months... I ended up visiting 19 National Parks and by the time I got back to NJ.... I racked up over 14,000 miles.

Along the way, I uploaded pictures to a blog for my family and friends to see. I went on the journey by myself, so it was a great way to communicate with my friends.

If you have time and would like to take a look at my picture blog....
http://exit8a.blogspot.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
beautiful pics! We did something similar- 5400 miles, 7 national parks, but in only two weeks.
The element is by far the best road tripping and camping vehicle ever. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks Cool

Enjoyed the pictures. I'll have to check out your blog one of these days soon.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am sooooo jealous !!!

I used to do that when times were good. Hit the road for 3 weeks at a time. Road trip heaven. Now, I have the time but not the $$$. So I do long weekends. Lot's of your pictures bring back such happy memmories, Badlands, Bryce & Zion. And you are so right, the "E" is the BEST road trip car ever. Happy trails to you. :-D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What an epic journey!

Sensational photos -- thanks for posting.

Was the trip everything you hoped it would be? Did the scenery exceed expectations?

:)

Hiker_Chick.... yes, it was amazing.

I was alone about 95% of the trip... but I never felt lonely. It was a very spiritual time and the most peaceful 2 months I ever had. Perhaps the best experience of my life. Typically, I've been one to often live in the "future" and the "past"... and not enough simply enjoying the moment that is presented before me. This trip changed my mode of thinking -- where it was easy to focus on the here and now, especially when I was standing in front of such breathtaking beauty! Occasionally, I fall back into ruts of my old thinking habits... but then all I need to do is remind myself of last summer and how great life is when I focus on the present.

The scenery.... to say that it exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. It blew my expectations away! Even though many were in my blog, I'm going to search for some for some my favorite pics I took (without my Element)... and I'll post them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts